Super yacht suspected of causing Greek island forest fire

Bouba

Visit site
BBQs are fine and perfectly safe on the Islands providing use them safely ...
Any fire is safe until it isn’t....an no amount of firefighters and equipment in the world can stop an out of control fire in these tinder dry conditions. I personally wouldn’t risk any fire in any sort of forest or undergrowth setting

DownWest

Visit site
Some friend thought to burn some garden waste in the Algarve, no prob if you are careful, they thought. Nothing like as hot and dry as Greece is at the mo. Well, by the time the Bombeiros arrived the fire had consumed a hectare of low brush. They were very lucky their house was not involved.
Such activaties are banned here too and you are obliged to clear areas of scrub 'in case'.

Bigplumbs

Visit site
Any fire is safe until it isn’t....an no amount of firefighters and equipment in the world can stop an out of control fire in these tinder dry conditions. I personally wouldn’t risk any fire in any sort of forest or undergrowth setting
Risk.......You only do it when there is no Risk. And that can be very frequent...... Just need a bit of common sense

Irish Rover

Visit site
Multiple wild fires around the town where I live, yesterday. Housing estates and hotels evacuated, roads closed leading to traffic chaos. Thankfully all seem to be under control by lunchtime today. No idea what caused them but I'm sure one or two were caused by "careful" individuals who knew what they were doing.

DownWest

Visit site
Risk.......You only do it when there is no Risk. And that can be very frequent...... Just need a bit of common sense
I would seriously doubt your ability to asess risk, not to mention common sense. The island that you visit has to make rules to ,protect against accidents and can't set rules that allow people to think they know 'better' in individual cases.

Fr J Hackett

Visit site
I would seriously doubt your ability to asess risk, not to mention common sense. The island that you visit has to make rules to ,protect against accidents and can't set rules that allow people to think they know 'better' in individual cases.
I think he would have trouble finding his arse.

gaylord694

Visit site
My comment and the post I commented on was in the UK.

And I will encourage is discourage as I wish. It is called free speech
Absolutely..... The trouble is there's too many know it alls which think they know it all but in actual fact have very tiny little brains . . Never mind poor things perhaps they've nothing better to do 😉