Sunseeker International/Sunseeker sales

EME

www.lumishore.com
Why is it these organisations are so disparate?

Who do owners rely upon to remey 'grey contractual' areas?

As I understand it these organisations are entirely seperate.
Sunseeker International build superb , highly thought of boats (well at least by some people). They win lots of awards and the founder gets an MBE.

The sales organisation has been fragmented ,inconsistent in its standards. and in mho a shambles outside the UK. Now I thought that Sunseeker Europe had taken over most of the operation things might improve. WRONG.

At the Cannes Boat Show this weekend , the Sunseeker stand was AGAIN the most unhelpful, aloof , arrogant bunch of people you could care to meet. Now I KNOW that they get a hard time from the Public but someone actually does want to see a boat with a view to purchase. The general attitude of all the other British marques and the Italians was INFINITELY better.

Mr Braithwaite , 1 day this lack of control over your sales organisation IS going to backfire on you. It's probably costing you sales NOW.

Is SBS the same?

P.S. TCM - In response to my question as to why Sunseeker dio not use Turbo Diesels on their boats they said they already do in tjhe Predator range. No idea if it's true but shut me up!

Also Neat was closed for annual holidays. No womder at €105 for the set menu.

...I wanna boat please..

Geoffs

Visit site
Visited SBS today, and a very helpful young lady showed me around the Portofino 46. No sign of the Sunseeker sales rep characteristic you describe.

Old Chinese proverb 'Man who sail boat into rice field, soon get into paddy'

tcm

Visit site
Re: Sunseeker

er the question wasn't about turbo diesels -all of the range use those - but about "Gas Turbines". All we need is 400 measly grand for a nice 150 mph cat, a nice flat day and blam round UK and back in time for the pub. On the sunday we could wham down to cannes and park near your place? whaddy say?

http:// [url]http://www.marineturbine.com/installations/drambuie.htm [/url]

anyway, agreed re sunseeker, distinctly blown-up small boats, so best make a superhawk your limit with them.

EME

www.lumishore.com

uuuuuggghhh, so I'm thick . Got that one wrong.

No wonder they got hacked off with me. Mind you they didn't know what to do with my mother-in-law. She told them QUITE clearly that the Cargue 50 inside was what she imagined a brothel must look like and that if her son-in - law was to get a Superhawk they would have to build it properly so that he could stand up downstairs ! So There!

...I wanna boat please..

EME

www.lumishore.com
That\'s better

Surreal ...and then you can spend the whole afternoon at the Quack having your vertebrae parted !
Must be wonderful to have a go in one of those, talking of which aren't the SXS team going around Brownsea Island the long way tomorrow and attempting to 'regain' the Round Britain record...bet they don't take any Med salesmen with them.

...I wanna boat please..

tcm

Visit site

Excellent. Haven't tried taking mother in law along, leastways not to check out a sunseeker superhawk. Unfortunately my MIL would get diverted by the flower boxes...

EME

www.lumishore.com
Sunseeker International/Sunseeker sales/ortofino

Geoff - some faith restored then. Although elsewhere S/seeker were criticised at SBS as well. Unfortunately I will/may occasionally have to talk to the French mob. I found the Poole people very friendly as well.

How good is the 46 ...what differentiates it from the Camargues , particularly the 44 and 50??? Is it 'New' or marketing 'hype'.

...I wanna boat please..

EME

www.lumishore.com
Sunseeker

Oh she had a go at their Plant arrangements too as they had PLASTIC flowers around the base of some potted ferns. I didn't get in to the full story as it would take so long (and a little embarrassing). T

hey kept her waiting the second time we returned ( she couldn't remember what the 'inside' of the Superhawk looked like after being on the other boats!)..

So...// they sat her /us down under a rudimentary awning (it was a hot day) , while somebody finsihed off looking over the boat. No problem...until our salesman walks off and a different salesman then takes a different group on board thereby leaving my MIL starnded and hot and bpthered.

Commence World War 3, MIL goes for 'rude' sales people and they all disappear and hide as she stalks front of stand...this results is loads of 'unwanteds' jumping on and crawling over Manhattan 56 (?), they having checked with my MIL that it was OK to go on board .... she can be great value!!

...I wanna boat please..

Geoffs

Visit site
Re: Sunseeker International/Sunseeker sales/ortofino

Difficult to know how good the P 46 will be, when sitting on a stand. Sunseeker lady admitted it is a replacement for Camargue 44. This was the impression, a restyled C44. Certainly a bit more roomy, especially in the beam, almost the same double/twin en suite cabin layout. Engine room looked quite roomy for a boat this size. Price tag, sign outside said £238k ex Poole, but I was told nearer £300k more realistic, with reasonable engines etc.

EME

www.lumishore.com

Oh she had a go at their Plant arrangements too as they had PLASTIC flowers around the base of some potted ferns. I didn't get in to the full story as it would take so long (and a little embarrassing). T

hey kept her waiting the second time we returned ( she couldn't remember what the 'inside' of the Superhawk looked like after being on the other boats!)..

So...// they sat her /us down under a rudimentary awning (it was a hot day) , while somebody finsihed off looking over the boat. No problem...until our salesman walks off and a different salesman then takes a different group on board thereby leaving my MIL starnded and hot and bpthered.

Commence World War 3, MIL goes for 'rude' sales people and they all disappear and hide as she stalks front of stand...this results is loads of 'unwanteds' jumping on and crawling over Manhattan 56 (?), they having checked with my MIL that it was OK to go on board .... she can be great value!!

...I wanna boat please..

MRC

Visit site
portofino 46

Its definitely a restyled camargue 44, apart from the obvious styling difference the main changes I could see were the hydraulic bathing platform, fancy wash basins in both the heads (very trendy), drinks cabinet had changed, TV now in much better position as you don't have to peer over the table just to see it, opens up the galley too not having that worktop sticking out. Price tag they quote is with the smallest Volvo's, go for the cats or larger volvo engines plus air con and a couple of other options brings the price upto 360k inc vat.

Very very nice boat, I want one ! ! !

Geoffs

Visit site
Re: portofino 46

Oh yeh, I remember the hydraulic bathing platform being pointed out, thought, don't like the idea of that, fancy hydraulics to go wrong.

I noticed the glass bowls in the heads, bit too trendy I felt, drop your electric razor, or something else heavy on 'em, and smash 'em.

But yes I agree with you, very nice boat, I'd like one as well.

EME

www.lumishore.com
Just to balance it up.

I had unforseen opportunity to visist SBS yesterday. B-line for the Sunseeker stand. Diligently wait in queue and board Portofino 46. Followed by S/seeker salesperson(Kate?) with potential client. I wait for another couple to leave saloon area and go down. 20 secs. later salesperson bellows 'Would you to like to leave now?' ((That is an actual quote), rather than offend her 'client' - I left..... They really are the PITS.

P.S. I even overheard him say that he just wanted to see what they looked like so not a real punter - notthat I was !!)

...I wanna boat please..