Sunseeker Abandons £6M+ of boats on the Medway

Bassplayer

Visit site
What are they doing dumped here? Avoiding "The Fire" or something more sinister?

Four of their plastic things have been here for a while now....

DSCF0804_zps638746cf.jpg

DSCF0806_zps174268bb.jpg

Can't these people read???

DSCF0805_zps79576cd6.jpg

DSCF0807_zpsfaf59858.jpg

Does seem a bit odd though. Perhaps they got lost on the way back from LIBS?

How long before they can be claimed as "abandoned"?:rolleyes:

Bassplayer

Visit site
Weather to improve?
I thought these were seaworthyboats! Lovely sunny weather over the last few days. Bit windy putting on the cover though.....

The seagulls are beginning to leave their deposits - I wonder if they (Sunseeker) have had any bigger deposits from customers?

Nick_H

www.ybw-boatsforsale.com
Must be the LIBS boats waiting for some sunshine, light winds, a fat bloke with a medallion, and a crew of bikini clad women, for the trip back to Poole. :D

D

Deleted User YDKXO

Just a guess but maybe they are sold boats from LIBS and awaiting shipping from Tilbury or Felixstowe? If they were due to go back to Poole, delivery crews would have got them back there whatever the weather. You can tell if they're bound for foreign shores as they'll be left hand drive of course

Bassplayer

Visit site
Anybody guarding them ?
Need some new fenders,prob can cover over the naff SS logo with felt tip !

No guarding. Just a quartet of Marie Cellestes. Not very well tied up either.

They are pretty 'orrible things, all wavy gell coat and all that. The "teak" furniture on the rear sundeck or whatever the exposed bit is called is getting a bit dirty now.
Is it me, or is there not a lot of room once you leave the ginormous wheelhouse/greenhouse bit?

and before anyone says it, I am not jealous.

Anyway, I will be down there this w/end - so will report back. Perhaps. After I have been to the brewery. Did I mention that? A brewery in / near the marina?

Richard Shead

Slipped Anchor
Visit site
What, after the best part of two weeks. On their way home? No security?
Wanders off shaking head........

They will have taken at least a week to move and crane in / out, then wait for the lock out etc. The big boy was probably the last to come out and then they have to rebuild it again as they need to bring it in under weight to lift it.

Bassplayer

Visit site
(Engage Columbo mode)
Maybe I'm being stupid here, but a 60 odd foot boat with all the machinery/gear etc, can't withstand a bit of rough weather?
Poor advert for a boat of any sort. I would expect a £2M boat to be able to withstand a passage in a F4/5 ? No?

Ah, well.

Those bikini clad women will be a bit cold. But at least there will be somewhere to hang the fenders!