Summer 2019 Cruising Plans

Kelpie

Visit site
West of Lewis, and also maybe some of the islands south of here- Coll, Tiree, Colonsay. Filling in the gaps from previous cruises.

davidaprice

Visit site
Probably the usual: west from Helsinki through the coastal islands to the Turku archipelago, then on to the Åland islands, across to the Stockholm archipelago for a bit, and then back home again. Four weeks of archipelago day sailing, only open sea for the Åland islands to Stockholm archipelago crossing (maybe 25 miles).

Pavalijo

Visit site
We ended last year in the Spanish Rias but there is still much to see so we will spend 5 months (or 3 if we exit without a deal) between La Coruna and Vigo. Say hello to us on Calypso if you’re one of the crews speeding south past us!

Crisby

Visit site
Hopefully escaping Vietnam at the end of April (by Boeing not boat!), Sicily early May to head to the Ionian and wherever else takes our fancy for the WHOLE summer. After all the years planning it’s getting close now and we’re getting a bit excited.......

Chris

Gwylan

Visit site
Hopefully sailing someone else's boat.
Reached that point where I feel ready to let others make the decisions.

Not too sure quite how I will cope...

Otherwise Friesland looks a spot that is near enough and has not been fully explored by me/us..

sailaboutvic

Visit site
Around this time of year we plain our spring /summer/Autumn cruise but then change it and end up else where ,
so here we go again , April Malta May/June going around Sicily on to Sardinia. July/Sept rest of Sardinia and the South of France which leave us Oct and Nov to head somewhere for a rest for Dec/Jan/Feb and some of March .
Only time will tell if it happens or we end up doing plan B .
Don't ask what Plan B is as we not worked that one out yet .

Resolution

Visit site
Now that Vic has set the bar with his forays around the Med, we can chip in with our much lesser plans from our base at Port Iasos in Turkey. Our Transit log hits the five year limit this summer, so we will be taking a trip over to Greece in May/ June, joining a rally round the Cyclades. Then back to Port Iasos. July and August are too hot, so we return to the UK to enjoy the UK summer. An invite to crew on an old gaffer down in the West Country should be "Different":roll eyes.
In September it's back to Turkey for a month cruising down to Gocek / Marmaris and back.
Fingers crossed that our wrinkly bodies hold up for it all!

sailaboutvic

Visit site
Now that Vic has set the bar with his forays around the Med, we can chip in with our much lesser plans from our base at Port Iasos in Turkey. Our Transit log hits the five year limit this summer, so we will be taking a trip over to Greece in May/ June, joining a rally round the Cyclades. Then back to Port Iasos. July and August are too hot, so we return to the UK to enjoy the UK summer. An invite to crew on an old gaffer down in the West Country should be "Different":roll eyes.
In September it's back to Turkey for a month cruising down to Gocek / Marmaris and back.
Fingers crossed that our wrinkly bodies hold up for it all!

Sorry about that :) , mind you if the Greek tax don't come in we may see you in the Aegean.

westhinder

Visit site
West coast of Norway, provided my boss lets me have enough time off.
Up to Bergen would be nice. Any further North will have to wait until I have permanent leave.

Daydream believer

Visit site
Starting the season with a trip up channel to Normandy for the 75th anniversary of the D-Day landings.

Yoda

I have organised a club cruise from the Blackwater to the same events.
However, i am concerned about berthing due to the large number of yachts that will be there.
Oiusterham will possibly be solid for days before the 6Th. I am told that it was for the last big event
Where are you planning to stay?

Buck Turgidson

Visit site
Down to Gib and into the Med if time allows. Off shore all the way as it's much more relaxing than dodging coastal traffic and lobster pots and gives plenty of sea room if the weather turns bad.