Strange Things You Find On Boats

Sgeir

s14.photobucket.com
Rummaging around in one of the cockpit dookits where we keep sunglasses, wrong-sized anodes, padlocks and bits of string, I was surprised to find a dead thrush.

We'd been out the better part of a week and not noticed it before.....

Last edited:

Ink

Visit site
There are a couple of things we found on the boat that we have no idea what they are for. Does that count as strange?

Ink

prv

Visit site
An empty wine bottle, wrapped all over in yellowing sellotape and strapped to the compression post with two large jubilee clips.

Pete

JumbleDuck

Visit site
The weirdest was on a summer sailing trip when I was running out of money in my current account, pay day was a week away and I really wished I had brought my credit card instead of leaving it at home. Until I went down the companionway and saw, lying in solitary splendour in the middle of the quarter berth end cushion ... my credit card.

To this day I have no idea how it got there. My best guess is that I had used it as a bookmark in a book I had stowed on the shelf above, but why I would have done that or why it would have fallen out I have no idea. God's against usury (Lev 25:37) so it can't have been divine intervention.

Seastoke

Visit site
Rummaging around in one of the cockpit dookits where we keep sunglasses, wrong-sized anodes, padlocks and bits of string, I was surprised to find a dead thrush.

We'd been out the better part of a week and not noticed it before.....
You should go the doctors with thrush.

Stemar

Visit site
God's against usury (Lev 25:37) so it can't have been divine intervention.
Usury's charging interest on loans, not merely borrowing or lending. Plenty of CC companies would like to be usurers, but pay it off at the end of the month and they don't get a chance. As ever, the ones who can least afford it, pay the most.

Which reminds me. A man was at the bank, applying for a loan and the loan shark customer care executive was explaining the interest rate. "Why's it called interest?" "Because it's the only reason we're interested in lending you money"

JumbleDuck

Visit site
I woke up one morning and thought Ben Nevis was on my boat.

G3E72YINNVDALBW24CWQMOOG5I.jpg

Reactions: DJE