Strange Brokers

jfm

Visit site
I'm 100% with HLB here. Broker has stated (in writing, email) that he is de-listing the boat forthwith, which means he has told HLB he is breaching a fundamental term and accordingly has frustrated the contract. Contract has thus ended and HLB is free to sell thru Boatshed immediately. If broker sues for his fee he has no chance. And if he demands name of buyer under clause 7, dont tell him HLB, because your obligation under that clause ended when the contrct was terminated, so you have no obligation. All imho

And I would advise NOT writing to broker along the various lines suggested above eg asking him which prospective buyers he has shown the boat to, becuase that merely introduces weakness/doubt into the "contract frustrated" position. Have no more correspondence with him, but save the emails quoted above imho

frustrated the contract and has st

DAKA

Visit site
Agreed (not that any of your posts require endorsement ).

In my opinion the Broker has acted very honourably and has effectively given his customer exactly what has been requested without delay or hesitation.

The Broker deserves due credit for his actions and I dont feel this credit is easily spotted in this thread.

What ever he may or may not have done to displease Haydn, allowing him to put out the deal so quickly and easily should be commended.

hlb

RIP
Visit site
I'm 100% with HLB here. Broker has stated (in writing, email) that he is de-listing the boat forthwith, which means he has told HLB he is breaching a fundamental term and accordingly has frustrated the contract. Contract has thus ended and HLB is free to sell thru Boatshed immediately. If broker sues for his fee he has no chance. And if he demands name of buyer under clause 7, dont tell him HLB, because your obligation under that clause ended when the contrct was terminated, so you have no obligation. All imho

And I would advise NOT writing to broker along the various lines suggested above eg asking him which prospective buyers he has shown the boat to, becuase that merely introduces weakness/doubt into the "contract frustrated" position. Have no more correspondence with him, but save the emails quoted above imho

frustrated the contract and has st

Thank you....................For reading whats written if nothing else.

The boats NOT WITH Boat Shed. I was simply asking permision to also put it with them.

For some reason, it seems he does not want to compete with boat shed.

I have not yet even read boat sheds contract, so I might not even use them at all.

DAKA

Visit site
Do you think the holding broker has been following your threads and got nervous about the publicity ?

I think some subjects are best posted anonymously, many posters would have created a newbie for your previous thread on brokers.

I know its technically against forum rules but the mods will turn a blind eye as long as its not done with malicious intent.

hlb

RIP
Visit site
Do you think the holding broker has been following your threads and got nervous about the publicity ?

I think some subjects are best posted anonymously, many posters would have created a newbie for your previous thread on brokers.

I know its technically against forum rules but the mods will turn a blind eye as long as its not done with malicious intent.

Maybe so, but I've never mentioned their name.

However they have said to go back to them if boat shed dont sell it. So it appears to be a boat shed issue.

prv

Visit site
For some reason, it seems he does not want to compete with boat shed.

Cos BoatShed are good.

From a buyer's point of view, anyway, and I've heard no complaints from sellers. They certainly provide a hell of a lot more information (which is original rather than pasted third-hand from elsewhere) than anyone else.

Pete

chinita

Visit site
When I removed a boat from the brokerage listings I received a letter saying that if the boat was subsequently sold to anybody who had made an enquiry to them then I would be liable for their full commission.

This would apply for one year after withdrawal. They very kindly sent me a list of, literally, hundreds of enquirers.

Funny, they never mentioned this hive of activity before. One of the reasons I de-listed was because of apparent inactivity.

Of course, I sold the boat 366 days later.

I jest. I actually sold it through Apollo Duck. However, one guy did view having originally seen it on the brokerage website. A bit worrying for me at the time.

Last edited:

Imperial One

www.imperial-yachtbrokers.com
I made the mistake!!!! of looking at your website and that Rapsody R36 is a bit of a stunner. Could be the sort of thing that parts me from some of my hard earned cash! Please don't tell me more.

OK then, I wont!:D

You will have to call me or look at the website and pretend not to notice it for more info!

I actually have an ex demo at the moment that could come at a good price if you are interested........I might even be persuaded to leave it moored in Central London on Imperial Wharf for a few months if you wanted it in the smoke for a while?