Straining rides

rafiki_

Visit site
Finally feel well enough to jump back on the bike tomorrow, first time in 15 days. Hope it doesn't mean I have taken a huge backward step.

Paul, you might find the enforced lay off has given your legs a decent recovery time, and you will be fine. Might feel a little more tired than usual after the ride?

P4Paul

Visit site
Certainly know I cycled 30 miles yesterday.

One side of my backside aches more than the other so I have just put a straight edge over the seat to the stem head and the seat was twisted to one side and over an inch out at the stem head; I was gobsmacked as it was completely un-noticable by eye.

Not sure I feel like getting back on today to see if it has made a difference.

On a slightly different note; one advantage of not having any hair is I am unlikely to put my back out picking up the shampoo :cool:
Hope it gets better quickly Gary. :encouragement:

z1ppy

Visit site
Why am I getting so many punctures!? Another one today, second this week and 4th in a month?

Being extra careful for potholes and road debris! Pissed of as was feeling great despite the monumental hangover I started the day with.

rafiki_

Visit site
Difficult to say H. Is there a common format to the puncture? Pinched tube, or debris?
I did 35 today, but will do a couple of shorter rides after work this week. Legs are fine, had to stop at 20 miles for my back, and again at 30, but OK otherwise. More physio this week.
Put new Shimano pedals on. Very happy with those.

z1ppy

Visit site
All been debris so far. Mostly Flint through the tyre. No pinches yet.

Don't very little this week as weather has been poor. Sounds like your making great progress!

rafiki_

Visit site
All been debris so far. Mostly Flint through the tyre. No pinches yet.

Don't very little this week as weather has been poor. Sounds like your making great progress!
Debris sounds like just bad luck H. Not much you can do about Flint, it is really aggressive on tyres. We had to spec special reinforcements for tyres on Land Rovers on test with the MoD due to their regime, where they regularly graded the test track, causing a lot of small Flint chips which penetrated the tyres until we used 2 steel reinforcement wraps on the tyres. Don't propose you do this on your road bike :D
Could you find a different route with less debris?

z1ppy

Visit site
Just repaired and I think it may have been a pinch. I fixed the last one in a hurry and maybe I was not careful enough when putting it back in. Will see but swmbo is getting pissed at rescuing me! Specially today after breaking her toe last night!

Good job I ordered some new inner tubes online yesterday!

Basically had a week off the bike this week and after 20 miles today my backside was hurting. Going to try and get past 100 miles this week coming.

P4Paul

Visit site
Debris sounds like just bad luck H. Not much you can do about Flint, it is really aggressive on tyres. We had to spec special reinforcements for tyres on Land Rovers on test with the MoD due to their regime, where they regularly graded the test track, causing a lot of small Flint chips which penetrated the tyres until we used 2 steel reinforcement wraps on the tyres. Don't propose you do this on your road bike :D
Could you find a different route with less debris?

Always the option of using a tyre liner if punctures continue
www.wiggle.co.uk/panaracer-flataway-tyre-liner/?gclid=CKHZhLnyt8UCFSWWtAodZnQA1Q

Phoenix of Hamble

mishapsandmemories.blogspot.com
H. Your tires are pumped up until they are rock hard. I'd check you're not exceeding the max recommended pressure
+1 I'd even go as far as to say that you should reduce the pressure to some way below max in order to reduce risk of punctures.... on wet days, I ride a set of 23mm tyres, rated for 120psi at about 80psi.

75 miles banged out today, but through my own stupidity in not fuelling up properly this morning or last night, I suffered for the last 20 miles pretty badly!

rafiki_

Visit site
The
+1 I'd even go as far as to say that you should reduce the pressure to some way below max in order to reduce risk of punctures.... on wet days, I ride a set of 23mm tyres, rated for 120psi at about 80psi.

75 miles banged out today, but through my own stupidity in not fuelling up properly this morning or last night, I suffered for the last 20 miles pretty badly!
75? Wow! Please don't forget the tow rope on the 6th, some of us will be pleased to share your energy :)

oGaryo

Visit site
;) UDI. or at least it was until we found video footage on the phone this morning!

must admit, looking at the videos on FB of you, Gwen and Mr Boyd, it reminded me of a recent lunchtime event I had involving copious amounts of Peroni.. first thing that crossed my mind was "that'll be painful in the morning" but was thinking head not foot ;)

z1ppy

Visit site
must admit, looking at the videos on FB of you, Gwen and Mr Boyd, it reminded me of a recent lunchtime event I had involving copious amounts of Peroni.. first thing that crossed my mind was "that'll be painful in the morning" but was thinking head not foot ;)

you know what, the hangover wasn't as bad this week as last week. i think the difference this time was san miguel rather than peroni... still haven't shared the magic trick video yet, (which by the way Andy was hugely impressed by!)