Storm Cruiser

typhoonNige

Visit site
Does anyone have the dimensions for machining of rudder bushes for a Westerly Storm Cruiser (33).

Grateful for any advice on this.
Trafalgar Marine in Fareham advised me that they would need the old ones from my Typhoon as a pattern as they didn’t have drawings. It transpired that my stiff steering was caused by biofouling on the rudder stock which was easily removed, so replacement wasn’t necessary. My bushes were very securely glued in place and even with an improvised puller and considerable force we couldn’t remove them. Steering is still fine and problem free after a W-E transatlantic crossing and lots of subsequent coastal cruising.

KREW2

Visit site
Can anyone confirm that Trafalgar Yacht services has closed. If so did someone buy their stock.

Concerto

Visit site
KREW2. Trafalgar have closed, but most of the stock has been moved to their home. They are now selling the stock off, but contact is not always quick as they want to fully retire.

Concerto

Visit site
Does anyone have the dimensions for machining of rudder bushes for a Westerly Storm Cruiser (33).

Grateful for any advice on this.
There are diagrams with dimesions for the rudder bushes on the Westerly Wiki.
Rudder Bush Drawings - Westerly-Wiki

If you are not a member of the Westerly Owners Association, then I would highly recommend joining.
Join WOA –

Another place to ask specific Westerly questions is their forum - free to join.
Register for Forum –

There is also a lot of other information on the old WOA forum that could not be transfered when the new forum was started due to technical problems.
Westerly Owners Association - WOA Board Index

richardbrennan

Visit site
As I understand it from the WOA magazine, Trafalgar are still operating by mail order. However, they have given up the lease on the building at Fareham.