Storage ashore - Falmouth

Tintin

Visit site
Due to injury requiring surgery it looks unlikely that I will sail this year.

I'm looking for suggestions for an extended period ashore, end of May to April next year.

Obvious places are Mylor, Falmouth Premier, and Falmouth boat company.

The yacht is a 44ft Ovni.

Any other suggestions in the area please?

Thanks a lot.

Hacker

Visit site
You could try Ponsharden although they are usually very limited outside of the normal winter period. Other option might be Gweek.

Goldie

Visit site
Islington Boatyard

Ponsharden Boatyard (you might be a bit big/heavy though). NB this is the boatyard, not the ‘Park ‘n’ Ride’ used for winter storage.

Freeman’s Wharf

All the above are upstream from Falmouth at Penryn.

Hacker

Visit site
Another thought might be to try Cockwells. I know they have taken someone before but it might depend on how much manufacturing they have booked in. They certainly have a large enough crane.

Goldie

Visit site
Another thought might be to try Cockwells. I know they have taken someone before but it might depend on how much manufacturing they have booked in. They certainly have a large enough crane.

Ah yes! Cockwells in Mylor Creek - the old ‘Gaffers & Luggers’ yard of Martin Heard.

Last edited:

jwilson

Visit site
Gweek Quay might be good for an Ovni. I brought my 6' draught boat up there in November on a big tide, and ran aground 3 times in the last mile or so, but less worries with an Ovni. The yard seem pretty efficient, my only worry is getting out again in early April! I only went there as Falmouth Boatyard (Rustlers) that I've used for years had a big problem with their Travelift. FBW won't want a boat stored through a summer - the space becomes a car park then, and anyway they are using a borrowed smaller Travelift at present until their own get a major rebuild.