Stick to boats - my experience with Ryanair

Paulka

Visit site
I must be naive

I have been told by politicians that Schengen was the ultimate about FREE movement of persons and ... whatever across Europe!

Is it not true?

;-)

<hr width=100% size=1>

tjm

Visit site
Forbsie
My point is that if I was paying £1.65 I would deserve a modicum of civility instead of the arrogance and disdain ryanair seem to encourage in its staff

<hr width=100% size=1>

PeterGibbs

Visit site
Re: Just make the comparison!

I am sure that everyone who has travelled with Ryanair to any extent has some tale of hardship. I have too. When you read their conditions of service and note how quick they were to annul Buzz's conditions when they took it over recently, you get the true picture. Look at the luggage allowances etc. It's all plain to read in the details you tick off every time you make an email booking. Well, perhaps not everyone reads before they tick....... or so it seems.

What to expect? Compare Ryanair terms with EasyJet. The difference is clear, as indeed the EasyJet people intend. It is a superior product. If your flight is cancelled you can expect some help from EasyJet, but absolutely nothing from Ryanair. AND if with a Ryanair ticket you leave the airport because of a failed service and make other arrangements, bang goes your ticket. No refund - means just that. And we all know that Ryanair airports are a long way from anywhere, and often with no public service to carry you to town. This has caught many people out.

Every time the CEO of Ryanair appears on Radio 4 I detect a further loss of prestige as serious questioning elicits an indifference to the client. Ryanair may affect to be on the side of the public but users know otherwise. Buzz's former employees can tell a tale or two as well. It's take it or leave it.

BA over the years offered an uncompetitive product and were eventually crushed by the market, which they have now rejoined on different terms. No company however successful in the short term can withstand the market for ever. Shares in EasyJet and just about anyone else look the better deal right now, as more of us place our business there. No one bucks the market.

PWG

<hr width=100% size=1>

Sybarite

Visit site
Re: I must be naive

Unfortunately, Paul, Eire was not a signatory to Schengen.

John

PS Let me congratulate you on your choice of boat; Chassirons are beautiful.

<hr width=100% size=1>

Twister_Ken

'ang on a mo, I'll just take some bearings
Visit site
Times is \'ard

From a Canadian news article regarding the imminent demise of Air Canada, I spotted this stat.

"Recent international statistics have suggested the global airline industry has lost $31-billion (U.S.) over the last two years, with the outbreak of war in Iraq resulting in the loss of another $10-billion in international traffic."

<hr width=100% size=1>

Happy1

N/A
Visit site
You deserved all you got

Quote :-
"I have travelled many times on overdue passports in the past and know this to be patently untrue. All they do is suggest that one renews it quickly."

You obviously have not learnt, one mistake with an outdated passport OK, but to do this many times as you have stated is a blatant disregard of the rules of the airlines. You got what you deserved, perhaps now you will do what all normal travellers do, abide by the laws. All you have done is cause problems and delays at the airport, because YOU THOUGHT you could flout the law, I would have hated to be behind someone like you in the queue!!

Sorry not one ounce of sympathy for you.

P.S. Perhaps now you will get a passport and keep it in date (every ten years) like the majority of normal law abiding people who travel.

<hr width=100% size=1><font color=purple> "You only see what you recognise, and you only recognise what you know" <font color=purple>

Anchorite

Visit site
Re: You\'re late, stonethrowing\'s over

Maybe you missed the first part of the show, it went like this:
Act 1: the Righteous Host of PC's rebuke the wayward Sybarite: he is denied extenuating circumstances (but his life is spared)
Act 2: Ryanair's turn
Act 3: Easyjet is greater than Ryanair;
Absolutely no need to repeat Act 1: PC message was quite clear. Your commendable outrage is best kept for the pub.

<hr width=100% size=1>