Standard Horizon GX1800GPS/E issue

Daydream believer

Visit site
I recently bought & installed the above radio. As I am due to launch this week I sat in front of it to go through the copious instructions on how it works. However, I cannot find how to access Channels M1 & M2 (37 & 37A) Which I need for the club racing & some ferry services etc.
I am in the Uk & bought the radio from Cactus. I am hoping that I have not bought a pup & they have sold me a radio from the USA & not a UK one.
Can anyone give me some advice please on how to access these 2 channels please
Thanks

tillergirl

Visit site
No you haven't bought a pup. I recall that there was a small slip of paper with the manual that said how to get M and M1. Was very simple It will be with your manual but I can't remember the process now. Unfortunately my manual and bits are on board. Give SH a call if you have lost the slip.

oilybilge

Visit site
This is an issue on various SH models. They're set to the wrong region, and you can't change it via the normal menu. As I remember, you have to switch the radio off, then turn it back on while holding down two keys.

Here's an old thread about it. They don't mention your exact model but my hunch would be it's the same for all of them.

Channel 37

Daydream believer

Visit site
Following the instructions to go to Channelgroup by MoodySabre ( Thanks Rodger) I found the options (Actually the buttons are Menue & 16 whilst turning on)
It seems that I have been sold a pup. & it explains why I did not get the piece of paper how to get M1/2.--- I cannot
The options are:-
USA
International-- International does not have facility for M1/M2
Canada
So I have been sold an American model for Uk waters, as there is no European option.Hence no M1/2
That means I cannot use it for club racing, or contact the ferry, or some marinas.
I hope others see this thread as a warning, before buying online from Cactus & making the same mistake as I have done

Last edited:

MoodySabre

Visit site
Following the instructions to go to Channelgroup by MoodySabre ( Thanks Rodger) I found the options (Actually the buttons are Menue & 16 whilst turning on)
It seems that I have been sold a pup. & it explains why I did not get the piece of paper how to get M1/2.--- I cannot
The options are:-
USA
International-- International does not have facility for M1/M2
Canada
So I have been sold an American model for Uk waters, as there is no European option.Hence no M1/2
That means I cannot use it for club racing, or contact the ferry, or some marinas.
I hope others see this thread as a warning, before buying online from Cactus & making the same mistake as I have done
Hi Sam. Only just seen this ( been sailing 😋). Ask Cactus to get it reprogrammed. I got SH to reprogramme my handheld to include ATIS.

ylop

Visit site
Just saw this - and just in case you do find the right channel group - some SH radios call the channels P1/P2 or N1/N2 because the display can’t do an M.