Standard Horizon GX1400 GPS-- anyone owned/used one of these???

sparkie

Visit site
Hi all, have to buy a new VHF after my old XM decided to self-destruct. This one seems to tick all the boxes at a reasonable price- has anyone owned/used one??

GunfleetSand

Visit site
Can you post back here with what the screen is like? Some have said about the SH ‘lovely blue screen’ but it looks black and white in all images I’ve seen.

Im lamenting the demise of the Icom screen with the orange//yellow doesn’t seem very fashionable these days. Just their smallest has it but then you get fiddly dual volume squelch and still have to go way up the range before you get a stand alone channel know/dia.l harumph.

Norman_E

Visit site
I had a GX1500, bought about 2009 with a cockpit command mike. I can highly recommend Standard Horizon as a brand, and consider a cockpit command mike an essential if you are short-handed or single-handed.

sparkie

Visit site
Can you post back here with what the screen is like? Some have said about the SH ‘lovely blue screen’ but it looks black and white in all images I’ve seen.

Im lamenting the demise of the Icom screen with the orange//yellow doesn’t seem very fashionable these days. Just their smallest has it but then you get fiddly dual volume squelch and still have to go way up the range before you get a stand alone channel know/dia.l harumph.
I've not fired it up yet so can't give you any advice on screen colour, it will be a couple of weeks before I can get round to it so I'll report back then.

graham

Visit site
I had a SH 1400 gps vhf on our previous boat .

It was an excellent VHF but as I only used the gps function as a back up to a chart plotter I never got good at using it and found it wasnt intuitive how to use the navigation functions.

KeithMD

Visit site
We have a Standard Horizon as well, but we went for the model that has an AIS receiver as well. Output via NMEA to a laptop with OpenCPN and VisitMyHarbour charts. Can't remember the model number.