Stainless steel tube fittings.

Appleyard

Visit site
Hello all. I am looking for 2 Stainless straight couplings..(as used for making a bimini etc) 22 mm i/d .Plenty of elbows,T pieces available but straights seem to be difficult to obtain. Have tried Sea Screw ,.Anyone know where I can get above items? Nothing else will do for this particular job. Ta

Appleyard

Visit site
Thanks for the hint Damo,but I am not using them to join tubing. It would take too long to explain what I am using them for,but only this type of fitting will do for this particular job. Thanks anyway.

tazzle

Visit site
Try Makefast - I got a couple of bits from them last year, but remember that their min order and postage charges were a bit high. Seascrew sell a few of their bits, I think, so worth a call to Seascrew to see if they can get them for you more cheaply if you have the parts numbers.

Appleyard

Visit site
Thanks Raedwald ...Had a look... interesting site and lots of good stuff,but no plain fittings.

Appleyard

Visit site
' fraid not..I need a plain end-to end fitting..the type with the allen grubscrews to secure the tube. Thanks anyway.

Appleyard

Visit site
Many thanks fellas for all the suggestions,however I have tried all the places mentioned..(.some good stuff though!) but have come to the conclusion that this item just is not available anywhere. I have a piece of Stainless bar kicking around so will stick it in the lathe and turn the fittings from scratch. It will not be fun. Cheers

rogerthebodger

Visit site
What I do is take a piece of tube the same O/D as the tube to join and cut a slot down the side then squeeze the tube in a vice until it fits inside the tube to be joined.