st martin recce

tcm

Visit site
Full complement of 24 pies safely arrived in st martin, plus various FB corned beef and quite a lot of pot noodle wth only one pot noodle breakage.

Weight limit for baggage sems to be 20 kg but the Afrance girls wll allow 22. Security wise, the baked beans that i chucked into handbagage was ok but the 2 tins of mushroom soup that swmbo gave me to make it lok as tho she was making an efort - got pinched cos it's "liquid".

The ipod works tho one ckpit speaker dodgy.

I have lots of pics of things, and further investigation of the spares situation is v positive - belts and fuel filters for engines and generator, other spares even to anodes for saildrives.

Incidentally, st martin likely beter that uk south coast for largish french built boat - loads of big Antibes boats sit on south side of the island clocking up massive marina bills with plentifl shops for wasting owner's money instead of a anchor so the crew have easy acess to the bars and playing pool. Much more serous on north side where it's french ( but dollar still preferred to euro, and often offerred 1-1 exchange rate) where we all sit on ther pavement to surf outside closed free-wifi caffs at nite ....

BrendanS

Visit site
I have this wonderful image of you sitting on a pavement, surfing ybw on a laptop, with the battery warning bleeping at you every few seconds, and you looking over shoulder to see if anyone about to run past and swipe laptop.

Lakesailor

Visit site
Matt Cops an Eyefull

Looks like Matt has found a new friend.

_38208826_surfers300.jpg
/forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

ParaHandy

Visit site
all these restaurants (gourmet paradise according to one travel site) must get their food from somewhere but the only shops seem to be jewellers ... the french side must have a decent food shop where you can get basic stuff (spuds, onions etc) as well as canned stuff (but not FB pies)?

Blueboatman

Visit site
Used to be a big Dutch supermarket just over the 'border' on the road to Philipsburg..
I would be looking to buy a spare can opener or two,myself
Not Pies

ChrisE

www.simpleisgood.com
Well my old sprout, there was at least one perfectly good supermarket when I was there a few years ago but whether they'll let an old git like you shop I don't know.

tcm

Visit site
yes exactly, tons of lovely food which means er by definition no fb pies or pot noodles. Veg, tins, loads of stuff. I trawled the shops for FB last time, hence broughtem this time.

It's a proper big place with decent shops, not sort of camping like most of the uk-ish islands. If you can get things in france, you can gettem here. Same applies to french polynesia.

zefender

Visit site
Is there life where Ocado doesn't serve? I'd suggest trying an online order to them mid-ocean via satcomms to see if they can deliver it within the half-hour appointment. Otherwise Tesco direct - they'll do anything to sell some baked beans - and might even flog you some diesel too.

Alistairr

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]

I have lots of pics of things, and further investigation of the spares situation is v positive - belts and fuel filters for engines and generator, other spares even to anodes for saildrives.

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you gonna share those pics?

Al.