SSR or Part 1 help requested

dkm

Visit site
I plan to take my 11m mobo across the channel this year (first time). I'm the second owner and I have an SSR number but need to know the expiry date - does anyone know how to get this?
Also - do I need a Part 1 official number? if so where do I get it?
Thaks

absit_omen

Visit site
You do not need Pt 1. This would be an expensive and unneccessary process.

You do need Pt 3. More importantly, you need the Certificate in your name so you need to re-register. Costs about £25.00 and can be done on line on the MCA website.

Good luck.

Refueler

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
I plan to take my 11m mobo across the channel this year (first time). I'm the second owner and I have an SSR number but need to know the expiry date - does anyone know how to get this?
Also - do I need a Part 1 official number? if so where do I get it?
Thaks

[/ QUOTE ]

The SSR number if it came with the boat is invalid as it refers to previous owner.

Go to this : SSR Reg site

and sort out to your name. The previous owner should have cancelled / surrendered the SSR certificate when he sold the boat.

There is no need to take Pt 1 ... stick with SSR and you'll be fine.

properjob

Visit site
An SSR number is allocated to a boat, therefore it remains with the boat when sold. The previous owner surrenders his certificate and the new owner applies for a new certificate in his name, the SSR number is the same.

Cariadco

Visit site
I hope the previous owner has surrendered his SSR.

If not, then you've some tough times ahead, getting the MCA to accept you're the new owner. You might be needing the help of the previous owner.

Can't blame them though.

Refueler

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
An SSR number is allocated to a boat, therefore it remains with the boat when sold. The previous owner surrenders his certificate and the new owner applies for a new certificate in his name, the SSR number is the same.

[/ QUOTE ]

NOT necessarily. It depends on time between suspension and re-application. There is no g'tee of same SSR number allocated - same sistuation as Call Sign with lapsed radio station licence.

I know this as fact as my SSR lapsed on my boat while I was away and I had to have correspondence with SSR to retain the same number. I had received a letter basically saying that having not received renewal of SSR to confirm that boat was sold, out of commission or otherwise disposed of etc. and that SSR number was therefore cancelled.

It normally would not be a problem as 99.9% of the time application is within a short period of previous owner cancelling or you renewing your SSR.