Sprayhood windows

bedouin

Visit site
My sprayhood is getting towards the end of its life, but I'm hoping to get another season's use out of it. I've just spent a happy (???) two hours scrubbing all the seagull s*** off it, and I am now wondering whether it is possible to clean the clear plastic 'windows'.

These are beginning to get a little opaque and are stained in places - has anyone any idea what might clean some of the grime off?

stamfordian

Visit site
Whatever you do don,t be tempted to get anything abrasive near them to clean them,ie,scouring pads,creamcleaners,or even car polishes.Normaly the discouration is due to ultraviolet rays from sunlight and you can,t do a lot with it.I tred a mixture of meths,bleach,and vineger,plus washing up liquid,which got all the grime off.
p,s.Always be carfull when mixing!!!!!

pvb

Visit site
I\'d try WD40...

I've found that WD40 is extremely good for removing marks from plastic. Whether it works for you or not, it's not likely to do any harm.

Trevor_swfyc

Visit site
Once a window becomes opaque no way back from that, replaced mine last year.I use Mr muscle window cleaner spray to remove airbourne dirt. Wash off salt water deposits with cold fresh water first.
Mixing bleach with an acid can result in the liberation of chlorine gas, vinegar may not be acid enough to do this, but vinegar would be neutralised by the sodium hypochlorite (bleach) anyway.
Trevor

G

Pledge Furniture Polish

Brings some of the 'clarity' back in the clouded world that you are currently seeing through. Apart from anything else it smells great.

Avocet

Visit site
Re: Pledge Furniture Polish

Someone told me to use that "Duraglit" silver polish wadding (might have been brass polish actually) on a convertible car hood rear window (same stuff). They swore by it but I never tried it.

Good luck!