Spot the Boat Arrived in Portimao Marina

Jack Haines

MBY Deputy Editor
mby.com
D

Deleted User YDKXO

Thats a lotta boat for the money. I was never sure what market Ferretti were aiming at with their Altura range of aft cabin boats, especially when they decided to paint them dog poo brown or pensioner beige, as this one. They certainly didn't seem to sell many of them which I guess tells it's own story

D

Deleted User YDKXO

Hmm. Buying it at that price is a way to lose a lotta money!
Yes but you wouldn't pay the asking price or anywhere near. Just out of interest, what do you think is the 'right' price for this boat

MapisM

Visit site
they decided to paint them dog poo brown or pensioner beige, as this one.
Haha, gimme a pensioner beige SD92 anytime! :D
Several builders, for some reason, seem to believe it's an appropriate color for slow(ish) long distance cruisers.
Even my own boat, without daring to compare her with Ferretti or SL, was originally painted in that colour - as well as most others of the same yard...
...though I must admit that I'd rather spec any of these boats either in white or blue, if I had a choice.

jfm

Visit site
Yes but you wouldn't pay the asking price or anywhere near. Just out of interest, what do you think is the 'right' price for this boat

Yikes I dunno Mike. The market for this and the 690 was incredibly thin when they were new and no reason for it to be different now. When you come to sell it that fact will be all too apparent. The design has some great features but won't suit everyone and the interior furniture disappoints, but most of all what are your chances of finding someone to buy it who likes the hideous colour AND whose spouse/ partner also likes the colour? It's like 1/1000 squared. Best thing current owner could do is paint it. I guess €950k ex tax. Paint would be €75k I suppose, maybe 100. A Swiss newbie boater could buy it to practise in for a payment that will feel to him/her like buying a base spec 7 series!