Spanish surveyor - recommendations?

emerillon

Visit site
I think I may have found the ideal steel cutter for our blue water plans - but now have to find someone to undertake the survey in Spain (near Almeria) in Spetember.

Does anyone have any recommendations?

Thanks,
Ruth

<hr width=100% size=1>

Gerry

www.gerryantics.blogspot.com
jonathan Leach- based in Chichester. I think it would be worth your while to fly him out. He has surveyed two boats for us recently and the surveys were the most thorough we have ever seen. I really can't recommend him highly enough.

<hr width=100% size=1>

emerillon

Visit site
Thanks for the recommendation Gerry.

Do you have any contact details for Jonathan - he's not on the yell.com listings.

Many thanks,
Ruth

<hr width=100% size=1>

smee

Visit site
If you want someone closer try Albert Mitchell in Alicante. He re-surveyed my steel motorsailer after some one from further up the Spanish mainland ballsed it up with the first one!! (965 161 267) or look at www.eurosurv.com for another option as they do Spanish and French coast.

<hr width=100% size=1>

snowball

Visit site
Ruth,
We have a boat in Aguadulce which we have to have surveyed for insurance renewal this winter. If you are flying someone out, maybe we could share the cost? However, we won't be ready, until Oct/Nov , so perhaps this is too late for you... In any case, I'd be interested to hear how you get on and following any recommendations.
Anita

<hr width=100% size=1>

emerillon

Visit site
Hi Anita,

The boat we are in the process of buying will be in Aguadluce this autumn - the agreement is that we will complete the survey & sea trials during the last two weeks of September. Is that too early for you?

I have a couple of leads I'm following up - from here & the yacht broker/surveyor/designer assoociation. I'll let you know how things go....

Ruth

<hr width=100% size=1>

snowball

Visit site
Ruth,
We can have the survey done any time before our Insurance renewal comes up in Feb 2004. We had thought of doing it when we've made a few more improvements, but it's not vital -the basic structures are good -we were just going to fit a few more toys! Let us know what you arrange? Out of interest (and nosiness!) what is the name of the boat you are looking at?.
(My e-mail address is anitawatson@compuserve.com)

<hr width=100% size=1>

G

Dear Ruth,
I am Ship/Yacht Naval Architect considering setting up a surveying business in Almerimar from 2004, and would be interested in how you get on. Unfortunatly I was in Almeria in July, however my boat is now at La Manga. I will be back onboard in October, should you need any help! Failing that try International Institute of Marine Surveyors web site, for a list of surveyors.
Ian

<hr width=100% size=1>