Southbound from the Havengore

ifoxwell

Visit site
Hi everyone.

Following everyone's helpful advise we recently went north through it cutting across the mud from the South Shoebury buoy. A fun sail that went well.

We are now looking to make the return journey this weekend and Ive heard rumors that you can go from the bridge to the Shoebury buoy itself.

Is this correct, viable, safe and if so is there anything to look out for? For example can you cut across the broomway then turn right or should you go around the wreck marker first?

Ian

ifoxwell

Visit site
ok for those that might be interested we made the return journey this weekend, effectively going from the bridge across the Broomway, east around the wreck then headed straight for the Shoebury buoy and it went well.

Depth kept going up and nothing scary happened to make me think it was the wrong thing to do, so I'll be going that way again.

For us heading into the Medway it effectively becomes a straight line between the wreck mark and home which is great.

ifoxwell

Visit site
Thanks very much for all the positive comments people. We enjoy making them and there are still more to come... I just need time to edit them.

We have junior week from the summer to do next then a couple of attempts at finding the WW1 submarine thats hidden in the Medway mud... and then we'll be getting Rowena out of the water....... in fact it never stops :)

ancient mariner

Visit site
Lovely videos of your summer sailing trips - all the more enjoyable to watch on a cold and wet November winter's day, such as today! Keep up the good work...

toyboy

Visit site
Wonderful videos and extremely enjoyable. I decided to investigate buying a Red Fox and I was very surprised how much the only one listed is. I was very surprised on two levels?

Other threads that may be of interest