South Stoke / Moulsford

byron

RIP
Visit site
The river here is just about to top the bank. Even so it is still a good 3' less than 2003.
I have three cruisers moored here until whenever. One lives here anyway a 35' Broom Sedan. The owner has put down 10' scaffold poles to stop her banking. Then there's Cassy a Princess 415 he too has rigged banking preventers from bits of wood. Lastly there's one of the Swan Uppers who made it back here. He has rigged a very sophisticated affair which I hope he leaves /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif
My own launch is sitting pretty in the boat house and is ready for instant use as I have her on call with the Thames Valley Police for any emergency on this stretch. I may take her out later just to check no one is marooned along this 7 mile stretch.
Pity you didn't make it back here Ian. You would have been much more comfortable.
OH! BTW. I am insured my Underwriters have no qualms about me using my boat but I knew that anyway as I have queried the 'red boards' before with them.

BrendanS

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
He has rigged a very sophisticated affair which I hope he leaves

[/ QUOTE ]

What's he done? Any pics

Yes same here when I was on the river, insurance company had no problems with me being out when red boards out.

byron

RIP
Visit site
I aint going down there, its wet. He's sunk two posts in my bank. Then rigged proper cantilevered beams for the boat to lean against. Nice little job considering he acted so quickly.