South of france

johnf

Visit site
I am looking for advice on mooring for next summer June time for 3
Months
I have 45 foot ferro cement yacht that is in good condition but needs a bit of upgrading for Atlantic crossing end of 2025. We are currently in Greece and is tricky to get large stuff there and back. I need to bring dinghy hydro and down and tools etc. and stuff back by car. I wanted to have French med base to do most of work myself but maybe mechanic or rigger help as well. I looked a port napoleon but mixed reviews and maybe saint cyprien. Would be good to be nice place imagine mainly in water for this period but will Need to come Out for some
Works. Any advice on where to look?
Many thanks

Bouba

Visit site
I am looking for advice on mooring for next summer June time for 3
Months
I have 45 foot ferro cement yacht that is in good condition but needs a bit of upgrading for Atlantic crossing end of 2025. We are currently in Greece and is tricky to get large stuff there and back. I need to bring dinghy hydro and down and tools etc. and stuff back by car. I wanted to have French med base to do most of work myself but maybe mechanic or rigger help as well. I looked a port napoleon but mixed reviews and maybe saint cyprien. Would be good to be nice place imagine mainly in water for this period but will Need to come Out for some
Works. Any advice on where to look?
Many thanks
Hi John
I have been asked to comment but not really sure if I have anything relevant to say….Peak summer is difficult and expensive to find a place in a port….and so is getting help on land.
A few people have left France for Italy as it is considered a lot cheaper….if you want to be in France then the best advice I can give would be to look to the west of the Mediterranean coast…the further east you go the more expensive and the greater demand for places

Koeketiene

www.sailblogs.com
1. Port Napoleon would suit your needs best. And they allow you to work on your boat.
2. Cap D'Agde has a travel hoist that could handle your boat and over winter almost certainly will be able to offer you a berth. However, hard standing room is limited should you need to come out. Bezier airport nearby.
3. Canet en Roussillon and St Cyprien both have a travel hoist and several yards have hard standing room. However a free berth might be hard/impossible to come by.

Hope this helps.