Somewhere to go

bluerm166

Visit site
Unless the newly announced access to France without a quarantine period doesn't applay to arrivals by small boat there is now somewhere to go - if only we could leave !

cherod

Visit site
can we leave ? .. irrispective of whither or not there is anywhere to go to ,, are we actually imprisoned in our marina / harbour / anchorage . ?

alexincornwall

Visit site
What newly announced access to France? Source of info please.

The BBC states today: ‘France also clarified that a rule requiring anyone entering the country to go into isolation for two weeks did not apply to people arriving from EU countries, the Schengen area or the UK.’

bluerm166

Visit site
That's a point but can't find how the 'need to travel' forms apply externally to other nationals and remain in force or have been amended by this new statement ( unhelpfully the exemptions forms page is only in french ,the english link not working) .Presumably the 'in-transit' rules (see Noonsite ) may also be affected.Currently academic of course but one day .............

Wiltshire

Visit site
We keep our boat in Belgium at the moment as we are living & working on the Schengen side of the Channel. Restrictions are just lifting here so you can now go to your boat and even sail but not leave Belgium waters or stay on board overnight. We put her in the water and serviced the engine about 2 days before lockdown so I am much looking forward to bending the sails on and getting out even if it's just for a few hours. Hopefully you won't be too far behind in the UK not least as it would be good to sail back for a weekend. I am hoping a red ensign won't make life more complicated over here as things open up or when we head off to Holland and France in the summer (hopefully) . I can confirm that France takes the travel forms seriously as I have to sign forms for personnel crossing the border and they are very worried about being fined.

DownWest

Visit site

bluerm166

Visit site
Bizarre. The first link above pased on by Roberto /Downwest apparently now 'does not exist'.Whereas that for the atlantic prefecture is still there and says generally that navigation can procede from the 11th. ,cautions safety and references the normal regualtions etc.etc. but gives no detail or as far as i can see no link to the detail.So not in the news menu,,the notices to mariners etc . where you might expect it.Hopefully it will be revealed somewhere.Has anyone spotted the actual document?