SOL Leg 4

Dipper

Visit site
Well done Martin. A good result on behalf of the ybw team.

I hadn't realised the line was in sight (for some).

trevorr

Visit site
Well Done Martin.

It was nail biting indeed - oh no actually not in my case.
I Went the wrong way somewhere , was looking good for a while.

Nice to see the YBW's in the top 10.

Trev

Last edited:

Martin_J

Visit site
and Cobblerslast 27 and Lopud about to finish 33..

NOTE - Next leg starting within 24 hours - 1600 March 1st... although chat did talk about a postponement. Keep your eyes open.

UPDATE --- UPDATE --- UPDATE --- UPDATE

LEG 5 starting 1600 March 2nd!!!!

Last edited:

sarabande

Visit site
good on yer, Dipper. I left a TWA course set for a storming 432 position, instead of a CC....

However, I am going to sell the track of my course as a piece of linear art to the Tate St Ives, as it expresses the angst of the working man struggling against random environmental changes, while technical white collar workers ease past on IT determined routes.

Spyro

Visit site
Well done guys North was definitly the wa to go.
Thanks TrevB for letting slip in front :rolleyes:

next leg starts 2nd march 1600hrs

sarabande

Visit site
I am going to be on the real boat at 1600 tomorrow. :):):)

Is there a fix whereby I can set a start time to coincide with the start of the race please ? ? The delay did not seem to work for me last time :mad: and I want to nail my bowsprit to mjm's transom and overtake him in the last dash for Gib.
:)

TIA

Dipper

Visit site
I use the weather slider to count the hours to the start. I didn't have much confidence in my start DCs last time so I entered a spread of DCs (all the same course) straddling the start time by a couple of hours each way. That worked!

Martin_J

Visit site
Sarabande - the DC that you set for the start must activate in the hour leading up to the start... anything earlier will cancel.. and anything later will be too late.

An hour before the start all boats are taken back to the start then if you have a DC that subsequently activates you will go on the gun. Hope this helps.. mjm!

Last edited:

Martin_J

Visit site
Nail puller packed on board... and crew passports being checked... No stowaways!

I might be absent more on this leg and relying on DCs... currently trying to make out the forecast.. seems to change every time I look..

sarabande

Visit site
thanks - you may regret being so generous of your technical assistance. I'll wave to you as I sweep by ! :eek:

sereda

Visit site
Sorry I'm late with the congrats, but really well done Martin and Cobblerslast. Top ten finishes are really hard to accomplish so a virtual beer on me. Cobblerslast made up a lot of places, which was also quite an accomplishment as it was by lots of very small course adjustments.
Good luck to all in the next leg.

fisherZ

Visit site
Belated congrats to Martin :eek:......and well done to you Lopud,you are very consistant, thanks for the neck and neck battle, it certainly made me concentrate.

Good luck in Leg 5 yawl !

Cobblers

TrevB

Visit site
Thanks TrevB for letting slip in front :rolleyes:

I forgot that I hadn't actually set a course for the line and needed to adjust until it was too late and I'd sailed straight past it!! I was just logging on to see where I had finished and saw that I hadn't :rolleyes: