Soda Blast Cleaning

rowlock

Visit site
Looking for a Soda Blast Cleaning company to remove antifoul back to the gel coat from a hull. Area is approx 12msq total, 6msq per side.

Vessel will be ashore Manningtree Essex, CO11.

Does anyone know of and have contact details of a local firm please?

johnalison

Visit site
I had mine done a few years ago at Titchmarsh. This was organised by ‘Smoothy’ = Smooth Finish. About four boats were done in a batch but I don’t remember the name. Perhaps if you contacted Smoothy he could tell you. Details on Titchmarsh website.

AntarcticPilot

www.cooperandyau.co.uk
Don't get hung up on the medium. A skilled operator will vary the pressure, distance and whatever to get the desired result using whichever grit he or she prefers. The guy who did mine used olivine grit, and got a perfect result, with the advantage that a harsher blast could be used on the cast iron keel.

PeterWright

Visit site
I'm very much with AP on this. Soda is so soft that it removes the antifoul very slowly so the blaster books more hours of labour. Use a blaster that is experienced in blasting yachts with a mixture of grp and cast iron and let him choose the best medium for the job - unless, of course, yiu are an experienced blaster, in which case you obviously do the job yourself.

Also you will get a better price if you find some mates to get their boats blasted at the same time - that way you share the travel and set up costs.

Peter.

Other threads that may be of interest