Small person safety.

ChrisP

Visit site
Sat on boat yesterday, wind blowing a gale, waves over the sea wall etc.etc.

Young couple that live on the boat opposite decide to go out for a walk. Pushchair loaded and youngster strapped in. Then came the flash of brilliance that I think deserves spreading.

A webbing strap fixed to the pushchair was then looped around mums wrist before the brake was released. Thus mum and baby securly joined in case of accident on the pontoon. Even if the worst happened and the push chair went in the water it would be easily and quickly recovered. Littleun might get wet, but not an all expences paid tour of the bottom of the marina.

I thought it was a great piece of fore sight and a simple effective solution. I assume that you could get a similar effect with a strong dog's lead clipped to the frame of the chair.

ChrisP :eek:))

P.S. Please do not assume from the above that I have in any way changed my views on the association between screeming children and clay pidgeon shooting.

tcm

Visit site
Re: Small person safety - hmm...

But if wifey topples in she takes littleum with her and has a pushchair crashing on her? Oor if she falls over, bang over goes the chair too? And if a nasty dog turns up can't easily hold child and simultaneously drive the pushchair at the dog?

I note that you describe this in the passive - "a webbing strap was looped around" - does this mean that hubbie strapped wife to pushchair?

So ,are you in fact suggesting the idea of using webbing straps (as opposed to say, nylon rope) to attach wife to various piece of household equipment such as sink, cooker etc. ?

ChrisP

Visit site
Re: Small person safety - hmm...

The thought certainly has some intersting aspects. Maybe there's room for further investigation and possibly experimentation into the suitability of different materials and anchor points.
Threw the last bit in to keep it boaty.

;o)

oldgit

Visit site
Ref Brats.

Children.Lifes way of convincing you that an early grave is not a bad idea at all.

Hard work never did anyone any good.You die from it.

ccscott49

Visit site
How about putting a lifejacket on said small person, or some bouyancy in the pushchair. I agree with TCM strapping anybody to anything that could follow them is not a good idea.