small club racing yacht

underdog

Visit site
For the last 12 years this has been my compromise boat an H-323 built by Artekno in Finland designed by Hans Groop, the designer of the international H boat.
Have raced successfully singlehanded , using a symmetrical spinnaker spinnaker. Also just returned from a 560 mile cruise round the Western Isles
rathmullan regatta 5.jpgrathmullan regatta 6.jpg

roblpm

Visit site
For the last 12 years this has been my compromise boat an H-323 built by Artekno in Finland designed by Hans Groop, the designer of the international H boat.
Have raced successfully singlehanded , using a symmetrical spinnaker spinnaker. Also just returned from a 560 mile cruise round the Western Isles
View attachment 141744View attachment 141745
None for sale anywhere! ?

underdog

Visit site
five currently listed in Finland and one in Sweden all at sensible money. A few years back a friend bought one in Sweden and trailed by road back to Northern Ireland

Last edited:

doug748

Visit site
I enjoy my racing on the current boat but it needs 4 crew and is expensive to keep up to scratch. Plus we are much less interested in cruising than used to be the case. So I find myself wondering whether there is a boat which I could single hand in club races ( PY not life or death racing) or crew with two. Racing is winter as well as summer and is only cancelled in winds over 30kn so it must be seaworthy and reefable etc. Maybe 28 to 30 ft loa.

I am thinking of self tacking jib with an assymetric on a prong and all ropes led back to the cockpit. But I guess the key issue is getting a boat that isnt too flighty to allow you to leave the helm, maybe on a pilot, whilst you trim the sails.

Is there such a thing? Is it even feasible?

The original question. I know you have purchased Birdseye..

However, pitching in with the zombie thread, here is my suggestion:

Marieholm IF for sale UK, Marieholm boats for sale, Marieholm used boat sales, Marieholm Sailing Yachts For Sale Marieholm Folkboat "Sundance" - Apollo Duck

Great thing a bout a boat on a trailer is that it can cost you nothing when you are not using it.

1661768428119.png