but river is beuatifully quiet

the bottom of the wash looks wonderful

thanks for the suggestion guys

now got to take three busses back to Wells to get the car

Dylan

dylanwinter

www.keepturningleft.co.uk
never from the slug

Now it's covered in empty Fray Bentos pie tins !

easing up on the fray bentos now that the weatheer is warming up

all refuse from the slug is carried ashore in the supermarket carrier bags it arrived in - stupidly I take most it home otherwise the council shoves it all into one place

I do admit to a quarter of a tenth of a teaspoonfull of soot when the engine starts for the first time after a month.

Wisbech is very different to wells of course - bigger place for starters

nothing wrong with that.

As for the Wash

I can do a lot of sailing in three feet of water - loads of places to explore at low and high tide.

lovely bendy entrance to the Nene - with some great n ames to the bouys and geography

can any locals tell me how to sail to the giant doughnut

and

are there any local who would be prepared to walk down to the marina and pump my bilges occasioanlly - especially after heavy rain.

Intenet connection here is great - and sailing or drifting down the 8 miles from here to the wash not be without its pleasures

I am about to find the bus station.

But first I h.

ave to tind to find Clinton Dorrington - his is one of the great monikers of the trip so far

Dylan

PaulGooch

www.boat-fishing.co.cc
Told jill I would be home tonight

I try to keep my word

especially when its my wife

will PM you my mobile number

D

Wasn't sure if you'd be there for a few days. We're out tomorrow, but should have been free to give you a lift to Wells Sunday.

Sailing to the island, HW, just sail there. Straight out of the river to the island. If you go to the Walker buoy and head NW there's a bit more water.

You can also take a shortcut or two, unless it's close to LW through the channel. Anywhere around HW you can just head straight out from Walker. You can cut the corner from Walker to the Lake cardinal buoy. In general, especially with a 2 feet draft, if you can get around the channel to Lake, you can head NW shortly after Lake, rather than follow the channel NE, handy if you want to explore the Lynn side of the Wash.

Clinton is a very nice chap, he's also got a lot of local knowledge and is usually helpful. Be worth asking him for his mobile number perhaps.

If you read this before you head off to the bus station, just walk to the bridge end of the marina, down the road directly opposite (down the right hand side of the two storey car park) is the bus station.

As for the bilge pump, i'm sure i could manage that for you.

dylanwinter

www.keepturningleft.co.uk
three busses six hours

Thanks Paul,

wis to lyn, lyn to fake, fake to wells

and if any forumites who use the marina fancy a pump the stern locker is open and the pump pipe needs to be put over the stern.

No water coming up - only water going in is through the hatch in the cockpit floor during heavy rain.

man the current flows through here - plenty of scope for humiliation when leaving and arriving.

River smells better on the flodd than on the ebb

really looking forward to exploring the Wash though

Dylan

Wasn't sure if you'd be there for a few days. We're out tomorrow, but should have been free to give you a lift to Wells Sunday.

Sailing to the island, HW, just sail there. Straight out of the river to the island. If you go to the Walker buoy and head NW there's a bit more water.

You can also take a shortcut or two, unless it's close to LW through the channel. Anywhere around HW you can just head straight out from Walker. You can cut the corner from Walker to the Lake cardinal buoy. In general, especially with a 2 feet draft, if you can get around the channel to Lake, you can head NW shortly after Lake, rather than follow the channel NE, handy if you want to explore the Lynn side of the Wash.

Clinton is a very nice chap, he's also got a lot of local knowledge and is usually helpful. Be worth asking him for his mobile number perhaps.

If you read this before you head off to the bus station, just walk to the bridge end of the marina, down the road directly opposite (down the right hand side of the two storey car park) is the bus station.

As for the bilge pump, i'm sure i could manage that for you.

PaulGooch

www.boat-fishing.co.cc
Thanks Paul,

wis to lyn, lyn to fake, fake to wells

and if any forumites who use the marina fancy a pump the stern locker is open and the pump pipe needs to be put over the stern.

No water coming up - only water going in is through the hatch in the cockpit floor during heavy rain.

man the current flows through here - plenty of scope for humiliation when leaving and arriving.

River smells better on the flodd than on the ebb

really looking forward to exploring the Wash though

Dylan

The current gets up to around 5 knots at times on a big Spring, so i'm told. I had to come in against it a few times with our old Princess 32 and it slowed her down considerably.

Just think though, on the right day you could see the slug doing 10 knots lol

Be a good chance to hone your ferry gliding skills too. Being behind the lock at Shotley, we miss a bit of tidal flow to help moor up.

A spot worth a mention, near RAF number 4, there are three mooring buoys. Just East of those is an old wreck that partly/mostly dries out at LW. Should be covered in Mussels (as will the mooring lines on the buoys be, unless they've been recently replaced). It's a nice sandy spot and is OK to walk around on.

The large sand bar to the East of Westmark Knock is also a nice sandy spot to walk about on. Whereas the area to the East of Big Tom is rather muddy, although the birds and seals seem to like it.

Must be a million places to explore in The Wash, i'm sure you'll enjoy your stay. If you're still here in the Summer, the fishing isn't bad either.

JKay

Visit site
Fishing is great for Mackeral and average for Bass,caught a Gurnard last year my first ever(looked like a red rat) :)

JKay

Visit site
Fish on

Find the Bass O'wise one:)Have you warned Dylan about the equinox this weekend,I'd tell him but quite wisely nobody listens to me;)
Where is your ship paul and do you fish the Wash often(this is hinting ata trip invite)

PaulGooch

www.boat-fishing.co.cc
Find the Bass O'wise one:)Have you warned Dylan about the equinox this weekend,I'd tell him but quite wisely nobody listens to me;)
Where is your ship paul and do you fish the Wash often(this is hinting ata trip invite)

Having caught all the sizeable fish in The Wash <insert Pinocchio smiley>, we've now moved the boat to Suffolk.

You're most welcome to join us for a trip out though.