Slippery spray

steveh

Visit site
I have just used some 'Harkin dry PTFE' spray on just about anything that moves on our boat - this stuff is really good! Even spraying it on the mainsail bolt rope has made an amazing difference. But £8.50 for a small spray can is a bit much. Does anyone know of a cheaper source other than the marine trade?

PuffTheMagicDragon

Visit site
Try suppliers to textile / apparel manufacturers. Many years ago when I worked for a Jeans manufacturer there used to be aa American spray called "Fabriglide". This was made by Dow-Corning and came in a green and black can. It was sprayed onto the surface of cutting tables to drastically reduce the friction between it and the Denim fabric. Suffice it to say that an average cutting-room operator could easily pull a spread of 14-oz fabric, 30 yards long and 108 plies high. That's a lot of weight! Unfortunately I don't have a clue regarding the cost. Good luck.

Wally

steveh

Visit site
Rabbie

I brought it from a chandler at Donnington, near Chichester, West Sussex, that used to be called EMS but I think they have been taken over by one of the large mail order companys. Not much help but someone else might know what they are called now !

Regards
Steve