Skipper need to be fined

paul salliss

Visit site
I hope in peak season that The Hamble Harbour Master patrols the entrance around The Hamble River, the sheer amount of lunacy that I have witnessed this weekend is beyond a joke, skippers need to be fined for poor and reckless behaviour, the time has come for something to be done

Last edited:

Bigplumbs

Visit site
I hope in peak season that The Hamble Harbour Master patrols the entrance around The Hamble River, the sheer amount of lunacy that I have witnessed this weekend is beyond a joke, skippers need to be fined for poor and wreck less behaviour, the time has come for something to be done

There are far too many monster boats on the Hamble. Smaller craft like jet skis would be far better

ashtead

Visit site
Someone in a rib hit a buoy again ? Clearly a free transfer for some the Portsmouth harbour patrols . My recollection is the marina plod park up at hamble point if any jetski to be arrested.

paul salliss

Visit site
Someone in a rib hit a buoy again ? Clearly a free transfer for some the Portsmouth harbour patrols . My recollection is the marina plod park up at hamble point if any jetski to be arrested.

most of the madness this week was people in big fly bridge boats to be honest and nothing to do with jet ski’s at all, I can’t be bothered to waste valuable time detailing it all on here but peak time / weekend patrols would be no bad thing

ST840

Visit site
most of the madness this week was people in big fly bridge boats to be honest and nothing to do with jet ski’s at all, I can’t be bothered to waste valuable time detailing it all on here but peak time / weekend patrols would be no bad thing
Have you emailed the harbour master them to complain and suggest?

ashtead

Visit site
I’m sure if asked there must be many ex naval CPO who would have the relevant skills to police a few large flybridge squadron 55 or whatever if a few adverts were placed. There never seems to be a shortage of such chaps who serve in Portsmouth harbour mouth and so few might fancy fresh prey /challenges. Generally at Portsmouth it’s not the flybridge owners who cause congestion issues though .

Mistroma

Greece briefly then Scotland for rest of summer
www.mistroma.com
I hope in peak season that The Hamble Harbour Master patrols the entrance around The Hamble River, the sheer amount of lunacy that I have witnessed this weekend is beyond a joke, skippers need to be fined for poor and wreck less behaviour, the time has come for something to be done

Can't have been too bad if it was completely "wreck less". :D

Last edited:

Bigplumbs

Visit site

So not being bothered means that people on here have just got to accept your view of what you think is unacceptable behaviour.

KevinV

Visit site
First big weekend of the season, people haven't steered a boat for yonks, can't remember all the rules or how anything works, crew can't get the stove to work to make a cuppa, or the heads to dispose of the last one, skipper's trying to decide if that rattle is a loose door or imminent engine death while trying to see the plotter in the sunshine because he forgot his sunnies.....
Is it reckless behaviour you saw? Or people just being a bit inept? If your skills tower above theirs you should have no problem navigating around the poor souls.

Bigplumbs

Visit site
First big weekend of the season, people haven't steered a boat for yonks, can't remember all the rules or how anything works, crew can't get the stove to work to make a cuppa, or the heads to dispose of the last one, skipper's trying to decide if that rattle is a loose door or imminent engine death while trying to see the plotter in the sunshine because he forgot his sunnies.....
Is it reckless behaviour you saw? Or people just being a bit inept? If your skills tower above theirs you should have no problem navigating around the poor souls.

Quite