singlehanding

charles_reed

Visit site
Sorry to offend

The usual convention is to not put a posting after nm - so I didn't read the rest to start with.

To allay your resentment - when first I read the thread there were only four postings and my opening comments were made in that light.
When I finally finished it 12 hours later there were a lot more.

For the record I have been single-handing for about 22 years - but it's only in the last 10 years that I have made it a regular practice with offshore trips of more than 100M.

G

Einstein had it right

Symbol is a lightweight flyer and I must bow to your superior stability I hope you will agree with me that an Aries mine's called Albert even though yours is one of these new-fangled a stainless-steel American gadget. A chart table that you can see from the "steering position" is a godsend whether you have crew or not (at long as they keep out of the way)
Let's face it the begat the boat the easier it is sail single-handed, how I used to sail a 505 single-handed defeats me the 9 ft tiller extension would poke my eye out today not to mention getting the shoot down!

:)-{)>

G

eureka

Wedges under the cleet what a brilliant idea thank-you. Sometimes technology blurs your mind . for suggesting it
P S If you don't mind me saying n m for means no message so people don't need to bother to open your post .

:)-{)>

brian_neale

Visit site
Re: eureka

...always did wonder what the "nm" signified...

The "wedges" are actually small shaped blocks of varnished mahogany, held together with pieces of bungee cord. Easy to fit, easy to remove, 100% effective. I remember seeing adverts for something called a "cleat boot" or similar, but mine were cheaper.

Mirelle

N/A
Visit site
No, I don\'t think so

Seven years of singlehanding a 16ft gaff cutter makes you very well qualified, I think. I have now chalked up thirty-two years, in an 18ft gaff half decker, a tired Dragon, an 18ft gaff cutter and a 37ft gaff cutter, and you taught me a trick. Thanks!