Should I buy a wreak

Wansworth

Visit site
Being confined to the settee on doctors orders I have been looking at boating on the internet .Amost all the stories are about buying an obvious wreak or discovering that they had bought a wreak.This encompasses projects like Tally Ho to Ship happens to the Bumbling Sailor in a 26 contessa to a couple who discovered their steel ship needed a bit more than a pressure wash and a coat of antifoul.The problem arises is how bad or incompetent do you have to be to attract patrons to watch how you manage.I must obviously separate Tally zho from this group a thougherly professional project that is totally educational.So should Ibuy a wreak,say thirty feet set up some cameras and begin tearing it apart hoping to put it back together?😏

DownWest

Visit site
Just realized comment on bananas😳
Think I should have u-tubed my efforts on the Kelt's keel. Likely I could have bought a new Bav of twice the length on the proceeds.
OK, come clean, how old are you? Likely a bit close to my 75 yrs. Yet, finishing off a new wooden micro cruiser cat yawl in the shed and 'fettling' the Kelt for the spring. No sofa time, not to mention there is very little on the tube worth watching..

Last edited:

Wansworth

Visit site
Think I should have u-tubed my efforts on the Kelt's keel. Likely I could have bought a new Bav of twice the length on the proceeds.
OK, come clean, how old are you? Likely a bit close to my 75 yrs. Yet, finishing off a new wooden micro cruiser cat yawl in the shed and 'fettling' the Kelt for the spring. No sofa time, not to mention there is very little on the tube worth watching..
Still 72……Aftter op will make an executive decision ……it’s not only head it’s heart……..as you know🙂

ShipHappens

Visit site
Being confined to the settee on doctors orders I have been looking at boating on the internet .Amost all the stories are about buying an obvious wreak or discovering that they had bought a wreak.This encompasses projects like Tally Ho to Ship happens to the Bumbling Sailor in a 26 contessa to a couple who discovered their steel ship needed a bit more than a pressure wash and a coat of antifoul.The problem arises is how bad or incompetent do you have to be to attract patrons to watch how you manage.I must obviously separate Tally zho from this group a thougherly professional project that is totally educational.So should Ibuy a wreak,say thirty feet set up some cameras and begin tearing it apart hoping to put it back together?😏
If you were to buy a wrecked boat and try your hand at youtube you may gain more respect for others that do. You will soon realise how hard it is to work while trying to film, then after a long day of boatwork you then need to sit and edit all the footage you took, which is a massive learning curve in itself, then you have to learn how to use youtube, grow an audience and make your videos good enough to gain viewers. Then you have to deal with all the online abuse that it brings, as well as project management, investing in filming equipment, answering never ending comments, emails etc, then on top of all that you have to keep your accounts up to date, pay your tax, but as it will be a private restoration you can't claim back anything relating to the boats restoration, so you have to pay more tax, but still pay out all your earnings on everything you need to fix a wrecked boat. But go for it, I will watch your efforts and give you as much input as you have given us!

Bouba

Visit site
Wansy, tell us your budget, what sort of vessel, where you want to use it....and the forum will find you the best value, most seaworthy boat out there...put the forum to work

Daydream believer

Visit site
To be fair I think that you are doing very well posting on the forum anyway. It is mainly carp, but I still find myself reading the b..y stuff :rolleyes: . You just need a way of adding pictures. It would also help to grow a pair of t.ts & display your body behind the smallest bikini that you can find. It would go well with a moustache.o_O

Failing that you could always shave your head so it is bald & paint a nipple on it. With one you would be half way there. But write left on it incase someone thought it was the other one. . :D

Of course a mankini might work. You might even increase your forum following amongst the older, lonelier, longer distance sailors. Those who find that talking to Elvis Presley, on foggy days, no longer holds the attraction it once held.:love:

But be careful who you start emailing to. Do not be fooled by "I've gottaboat.com" cos they might be idle dreamers & only one is allowed on the forum. :(

Last edited:

Wansworth

Visit site
Thanks for your kind thoughts 🙄….In the event that I did actually buy a boat hopefully not a wreak you could sign up to the patron page and get insider information and pictures although I am told it’s pretty exhausting work YouTubing so I will no doubt be self financing my yachting .

Blueboatman

Visit site
Thanks for your kind thoughts 🙄….In the event that I did actually buy a boat hopefully not a wreak you could sign up to the patron page and get insider information and pictures although I am told it’s pretty exhausting work YouTubing so I will no doubt be self financing my yachting .
If you let the forum know your eBay account and home address , why, we could do the buying and decision making process for you ?

Simples

( not sure about delivery , Evri are a bit unreliable even within the uk)