Shipping Parts to Europe -- Brexit?

Dockhead

Visit site
Now that the UK is no longer in the EU, what is the procedure for shipping parts to European ports? When we shipped parts from the UK to the Faro Islands a couple of years ago, we were able to purchase them VAT-free and receive them as a U.K. vessel-in-transit with no duty imposed by the Faroese. I wonder if this would work in European ports now after Brexit?

Dockhead

Visit site
Will likely very much depend on the country on that day..
Most cruisers are using svb24.com now.

And I use svb24; it's a good firm. But it would be quite an advantage to be able to ship from the UK VAT-free and receive duty-free, as a vessel-in-transit, as we were doing in the Faroe Islands a few years ago.

BabaYaga

Visit site
I ordered a piece of equipment online from a British chandler a couple of months ago. This was sold to me ex UK VAT (comes up automatically when the delivery address is inside the EU). The item was delivered to my door step. One week later came an invoice from customs for Swedish VAT + handling fee.
Don't know how this would be dealt with if the customer didn't have a permanent address, though. Probably would have to pay import VAT at delivery...

GHA

Visit site
And I use svb24; it's a good firm. But it would be quite an advantage to be able to ship from the UK VAT-free and receive duty-free, as a vessel-in-transit, as we were doing in the Faroe Islands a few years ago.
Yes, though even now around the world shipping to yacht in transit is a mess, package can turn up in any office, with or without customs charge depending on the mood of a guy in a uniform that day. Add to that the utter chaos that is brexit and sadly sounds like a pipe dream expecting any kind of europe wide conformity.