Shipping Cradles

Kevin

Visit site
Hi

The road shipping company should be able to provide the cradle and shrink wrapping as part of their service taking it from marina /point of sale to the port, they normally just have it craned straight onto their truck with the cradle already in situ

Kevin

trog

Visit site
Hi Kevin
the boats getting shrink wrapped and delivered to port on transporter. but its then i neeed a cradle for boat to sit under deck on the rO/Ro vessel

Kevin

Visit site
Hi

Sorry I meant that normally the cradle the road shipping use on the back of the lorry follows the boat throughout the whole journey saving any change overs at the port etc (thats what i ask for for ease) or is it a reusable one they have permanently attached to their vehicle or are they putting it on a trailer as some do?

if you want to let me know which Port its going to people I know over there will be able to help (mind you it is a long shot as my contacts are only really at various points from New York down to Miami area and then down in Mexico)

Must stress Im not in the marine business in any way so I dont have infinite contacts but Ive got to know a few good people over the years who are, if you want to let me know I can def. try

Kevin

trog

Visit site
Hi Kevin
It will be getting shipped out of Port Elizabeth New Jersey or Baltimore. been told have to get a cradle delivered to port. it would of been nice in getting a cradle from pick up in MA, so save additional unloading loading charges, but i believe the transporters only have there fixed cradles. There must be some where you can hire them or get then made. I believe Peters and May can supplt cradles, but then you must arrange shipping through them.
Any help would be gratefully appreciated.
thanks

Kevin

Visit site
Hi

Quickest might be if you want to contact

Sal Gugliara
s&j marine services
Bronx
NY
001 718 918 2492
001 917 559 2827

he does road shipping to Port newark /Elizabeth and he may well be prepared to knock up a cradle and deliver it to the port for you, he normally does the whole thing shrink, cradle and shipping but he may just do the cradle for you

MUST STRESS I cant vouch for him directly as he is not one of my friends /contacts but has been used bypeople I know over there and things seemed ok, logistically it might be a good starting point as he is so close by

on Port newark Port Elizabeth make sure when the driver arrives at the port for unloading that all the paperwork is in hand, booking confirmation, bill of sale etc etc and that the craning fee has been paid or they wont unload your boat, Port newark is a 'union' run place ( if you see what I mean) whatever P&O might think! and if the 'union' see a chance to make some extra cash down at the dockside they will do- and that is if a driver turns up without the correct paperwork and payments havent been made

hope this helps

kevin

trog

Visit site
Thanks for that kevin

Know what you mean. Spoke to some one who said that even if boat is on cradle and forkable they might want to use a Crane LOT more money. Which port would u say was the best to go out of Port Elizabeth Maher terminal. or Baltimore???

Kevin

Visit site
Hi

Unfortunatly I dont know anything about Baltimore. Port elizabeth is ok but just be prepared, sorry if im teaching my granny to suck eggs but if you have correct paperwork then everything will be fine. If you have any problems Liz is a good place to start, she deals with paperwork and payments and if your driver runs into complications on the dockside she can sort them out, its Liz Santiago on 001 732 603 2630, (shes mainly deals with Port Newark) if she cant help direct then she will pass you to the right person Im sure.

Not sure on size of the boat your getting but craning shouldnt be more than about $450.

Im making it sound really complicated and bad but its straight forward and easy in reality, just best to be prepared

Kevin