Ship with red flashing light on masthead

tillergirl

Visit site
Subject to byelaw XX.2, a xxxxx below Tower Bridge must by night, except when berthed, exhibit two all-round lights amidships in a vertical line one above the other and not less than 2 metres nor more than 3 metres apart, the upper light must be blue and the lower light must be white and both lights must be visible at 1 mile.

If a xxxxx below Tower Bridge cannot, by reason of its construction, exhibit the lights required by byelaw XX, then it may exhibit instead a blue light not less than 2 metres nor more than 3 metres vertically above the white light required by Rule 23(a)(i) of the International Collision Regulations, and a second blue light not less than 2 metres nor more than 3 metres vertically above the white light required by Rule 23(a) (iv) of those Regulations; and the blue lights must be of the same construction as the
white lights required by those Regulations and must be visible at 1 mile.

Firefly

Visit site
A lot (but confusingly not all) large ship mooring buoys on the Thames seem to be acquiring fixed blue lights, but that is obviously not the answer. It isn't the answer to making the buoys visible either as usually you can see the buoy before making out the feeble blue light on it.

tillergirl

Visit site
Antithesis init? There's not one thing fairylike about them. Have to say I wasn't aware of the blue light until I read the PLA regs. But that's pretty sad. It's come to that.