Ship visits aboard the LNG tanker GIMI, March, 15. 2011

Scanorama

www.maritimephoto.no
Tuesday 15 March was a guided tour aboard the GIMI, which is still laid up in Fosen, just outside Haugesund. The vessel is an LNG tanker built at Moss Verft (Norway), in 1976.

What makes it a bit special is that it is a turbine thoughts. It is a bit of other machinery, than one that runs on diesel and heavy oil.

I will send a big thank you to those who made this tour possible. At the same time I want to thank the crew and especially 2 Officer, who was our guide from all of us. It was a nice get-together, that just went too fast.

Part I.

gimi_2935.jpg

gimi_2940.jpg

gimi_2941.jpg

gimi_2943.jpg

gimi_2944.jpg

A little trees and houses in front of the image is great ..-:)

gimi_2948.jpg

gimi_2949.jpg

gimi_2951.jpg

Here we come...

gimi_2954.jpg

gimi_2956.jpg

gimi_2960.jpg

gimi_2962.jpg

gimi_2966.jpg

gimi_2968.jpg

gimi_2969.jpg

gimi_2970.jpg

Last edited:

poojathakurhmr

Visit site
15 March was a guided tour aboard the GIMI, which is still laid up in Fosen, just outside Haugesund. The vessel is an LNG tanker built at Moss Verft (Norway), in 1976.

What makes it a bit special is that it is a turbine thoughts. It is a bit of other machinery, than one that runs on diesel and heavy oil.

I will send a big thank you to those who made this tour possible. At the same time I want to thank the crew and especially 2 Officer, who was our guide from all of us. It was a .
I think that movement was the greatest movement of my life.