Shall we introduce ourselves?

Allan

Visit site
I just thought that I have spoken to a number of people on here but know little about them. How does everyone feel about introducing ourselves? I have met Tony (Barebones) Andy (csail) and Damo (Only when he was working). As you can see, I am Allan, I live in Bristol and sail my Etap22i from CYC.
Allan

tonybarebones

Visit site
Hi Allan, thanks for taking part in the quiz, I hope it will be a success, I think it will as long as members keep the thread going it will be o.k. With regard to introducing ourselves you can click on another persons profile to get their info, or as much info as they want to disclose. Tony (Barebones) /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Allan

Visit site
Yes I know we can check on the profiles, I just thought that introducing ourselves on here may start a more personel thread. It may even lead some others to decide to meet up sometime and help me with my mission to deprive the younger generation of some alcohol.
Allan

Sneds

Visit site
Good idea, I'm Iain!
Think a meet sometime somewhere would be a good idea.
Assumimng us "Stinkies" are allowed? /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

wotayottie

Visit site
Prefer anonymity - that way I can make stupid impulsive comments on here without anyone knowing who is being so daft. /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif

bluedragon

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]

Assumimng us "Stinkies" are allowed? /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

One nice thing about the BC (and in fact most of the West) is that the stinkies vs raggies thing doesn't exist for cruising folk in my experience...EXCEPT for the idiots in speedboats with a water skier behind who pass within a boat's length at 20 knots in a quiet anchorage!! I'm sure you're not one of those... /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Who

Visit site
I'm Mike
Getting a boat in Jan (Only a month to go! )
Intend to Import a US 30' Cruiser - Should be interesting
Me and the wife run our own online business, so getting away abroad is a problem, but weekends are not.
So lets have a Boat again. Its been about 20 years since the last one. Mooring at Portishead. Completed PB2 and VHF.

It would be good to meet up, maybe after we get it. Feel a bit inadequate otherwise. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Be gentle with me.

Allan

Visit site
As far as I'm concerned this Forum is for anyone with an interest in the Bristol Channel. I don't see any difference between Raggies, Stinkies or just people who stand and look at what I believe is one of the most interesting bits of water in Europe.
Personally I hate the Raggie/Stinkie war that happens on and off these forums. I hate inconsiderate people in all parts of my life. On the water a bad sailor is no better than a bad Mobo.
Allan

Csail

N/A
Visit site
Most of you guys know me....Andy, Lisette & little Ben. Sail from Cardiff Bay Yacht Club in Bonny Mary. Live in Rhoose in a house we are still renovating! I am now doing domestic electrics after finishing working for the military, Lisette is a doctor and Ben just plays!
Trying to sell our current boat and move up to a 38 footer and something quicker under sail.
What is the issue with mobos? Smelly,expensive, wake creating boats with owners that have no regard for yachts........... anyway back outside to fix the power boat trailer (Dragonforce) ! /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif
Our usual 'gang' are Barebones, Galipette & Amadeus 3.
Turkey on Flatholm beach on the 25th?

LizzyD

Visit site
OK. I'm Mike and own "Lizzy D", a Nantucket Clipper which I sail with my girlfriend Bev from Cardiff Yacht Club. We live in Bridgend, but it's not too inconvenient to get to Cardiff to the boat. I'm in the South Wales Fire and Rescue Service, and Bev works for her brother in law at their flooring company in Cardiff. She's the office manager. I never knew office managers made such nice cups of tea. (Ouch! Just had my ear clipped - again!)

Sometimes Kaiser, my 9 year old mongrel dog comes sailing too. He's not really a massive fan, but prefers to come rather than be left behind.

M, B & K.

damo

longkeel35.org.uk
And I'm Damo, one of the Berthing Masters at Portishead, so I've met a few of the forumites around here.

I have a Warrior 35, which is in the boatyard at the moment, and today I have just finished my Powerboat Level 2. It feels a bit weird that the only sailing qualification I have is for power!

I don't get out sailing as much as I'd like, but when I do I usually get some good distance in /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Sneds

Visit site
Sounds to me like a drinks in order!
But on what side of the Channel?

BTW wasn't being serious about the "stink pot" thing, I have never come across any animosity from anyone on the water round this 'ere parts.

Csail

N/A
Visit site
Hey,,,, i did suggest a mulled wine on flatholm, is that English or Welsh? Atleast it is roughly half way! And a boat is a boat so we are all the same, therefore i can't see the 'us & them' on the other forums. Maybe here we just realise the true meaning of sailing/boating?

graham

Visit site
Im Graham Sail an Anderson 22 called Vega from Cardiff CBYC.Dont race these days mostly daysailing and short cruises around the Bristol Channel singlehanded (billy no mates) or with any combination of wife and 2 sons.
1me20ph.jpg

Allan

Visit site
As I live in Bristol and my boat is ay CYC, I'm happy to meet either side of the water. I dont do Mulled wine as I prefer mine as god intended. If someone names a day and place I will make every effort to be there.
Allan

Mike_S

Visit site
I'm Mike (surprisingly easy to guess from my username) and along with my wife Michele and daft spaniel Sally we have a Regal 2150 called Whi-Ski-n-Water at CBYC. We live in Penarth and this is our 1st boat, we only bought it back in April so haven't managed to use it as much as we'd hoped this year what with the dodgy weather. Hopefully we'll get to use it a whole lot more next year. In fact at the moment the local mink are getting more use out of it than us /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

However tomorrow morning (Sunday) at 8.30am I'll be the one dressed like nanook of the north helping crew my friend's 26ft yacht out of CBYC for a morning's sailing. Only the 2nd time I've ever been on one of these funny boats with a big stick in the middle with a blanket on it so it's a bit of a learning curve to say the least ! So if anyone's out and sees Bon Coeur go bobbing past I'll be the one looking cold and a bit lost /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

graham

Visit site
Watchets pretty central in the Bristol Channel. You up to organizing a pub that could feed a big group?