Shall we introduce ourselves?

Anwen

Visit site
I'm Jon, and Deep Joy is a Jeanneau SO32 in Swansea Marina. She is currently out of the water for the winter, but will be going back in at the beginning of April. My wife Vicky is a bit of a reluctant sailor, but given that she upchucks when the sea state gets a bit moderate, you can't blame her. We have a Springer Spaniel puppy who we have yet to take out on the water, but I'm hopeful that he comes with built in sea legs.

We live in Miskin, so Swansea isn't much different from Cardiff in terms of travel time, and you've got the Gower just round the corner!

Next season, I'm going to try and learn the knack of berthing and locking out single handed...

damo

longkeel35.org.uk
"Next season, I'm going to try and learn the knack of berthing and locking out single handed... "

It's definitely worth it, and if you can find someone to demo on your boat while you observe it can save a lot of grief!

graham

Visit site
Probably better to wait untill next season.Theres only a few of us mad enough for all year round boating. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

It would be great to have a get together and put names to faces .

Icelander18

Visit site
Ok, I'm Steve only have a small 18ft power boat thinghy - an Icelander 18 with my own personally built big diesel guzzling ford engine.

Do some club race duties with her etc but, mostly used for fishing with my son Kyle in and around Barry and in the summer we get down to Foreland, Minehead, Nash etc for days or short weekends.
Have some experience of yachts as I am involved with Barry Yacht Club and moor there also, done the Bristol trip with our club this year and that was great.

Anyway, I would be up for a meet (to make up the stinky nrs - lol) but probably best in better weather looking at what is out there today (boat too small for Radar).

Sounds a good idea....kep me updated please!