Sestrel Moore Compass

Footpad

Visit site
I've got a Sestrel Moore compass, lovely bit of old fashioned kit designed for steel boats or others with deviation problems. I am going to try to flog it on Ebay - they don't make them anymore so I can't price it - what do you think it's worth.

<hr width=100% size=1>

Peter

Visit site
When you've got price please let me know as I might be intrested in purchasing it. Contact Peter on 0777 377 8148

Peter

<hr width=100% size=1>

chas

Visit site
Re: Oh yes they do!

Thanks for that. i have just discovered that my old hand bearing compass is a "Radiant"!

<hr width=100% size=1>

circumnavigation

Jersey to Jersey via westward Circumnavigation
Visit site

Yes, and not only that they put me in touch with the person, now semi retired, that built my NECO autopilot system with a gyro compass and repeaters that is attached to the hydraulic seegers auto pilot. All this is operated from the Moores Sestral Compass.

Both the gentleman at Sirs (ex moores' man) and the ex NECO man were and are only too pleased to assist.

The vessel, a Suncoast 40 steel ketch, has the gyro compass up on the mizzen mast and there is NO deviation at all!

<hr width=100% size=1>http://www.mpcee.co.uk/katoema.html

Footpad

Visit site

Thank you Andrew, I had no idea that SIRS had taken over the manufacture of thses beautiful instruments. I have mailed them for a new price on which I shall base my reserve (50%?).

Peter

I'm sorry but I had no intention of trying to sell through this forum cos that is naughty - I will let you know when it goes on to E-bay

<hr width=100% size=1>