Sestrel Minor compass mounting bracket

Red

Visit site
Hello,
Has anyone this bracket going spare, you might even have it on your boat not being used if using a modern compass. If you have one it would be very useful for my compass,
575907C0-3FD1-446B-8403-220DAFC6E807.jpeg
Regards

Last edited:

Red

Visit site
Hello, has anyone this bracket not being used, perhaps you have it on your boat not being used as you have replaced the compass. If you have one not being used it would be very helpful for mounting my compass,
RegardsB70A3365-1CB4-4C22-8FF8-A62A905B0C64.jpeg

Last edited:

Daydream believer

Visit site
If you look at the picture of the gimbals I made for my Sestral compass you will see that I made the bracket in brass.
I found a piece of flat brass & just cut & filed it to shape. This is quite easy , being brass. As you can see I bolted the 2 splayed bits by Tapping & screwing them to the correct angle. If you can silver solder then easier still.
I already had 2 brackets, one in the cockpit & one in the cabin, so I just needed to match those.
It is not hard if you have a few tools.
You can get a piece of brass from M-Machines or any model company. Perhaps a scrap yard. I cut my piece from a lump of brass angle & the 2 splayed bits from a piece of hex bar.
You just need 2 pieces of plate. One cut to shape & splayed. One larger back plate. Silver solder the 2 together or tap & screw them. Drill the back plate for fixing screws to mount where needed
It just made an interesting weekend project
Finished job (600 x 402).jpg