Senator 37

Boatshed London

Visit site
Does anyone own - or know anyone who owns - a Senator 37? A customer of mine has just bought one. There are only a few in existence (believed to be on the Thames) and he's keen to see how other owners have modified the interior space.

Any boat names / contact details / photos greatly appreciated - I'll pass them on.

many thanks,
Brian

Portland Billy

Visit site
Senator

The only Senator motor cruiser I have come across is the Sealine of the eighties. - around 26 ft.
Can you describe the boat and say who built her ?

Boatshed London

Visit site
Shades - thanks - I googled it and the only example I can find is the one I've just sold.

Portland Billy - thanks - I've uploaded a photo. She was build in Derby around 2002. No relation to the Sealine Senator! There were only three made before the yard went bust and one of them is believed to be on the Thames.

The search continues . . .

byron

RIP
Visit site
Shades - thanks - I googled it and the only example I can find is the one I've just sold.

Portland Billy - thanks - I've uploaded a photo. She was build in Derby around 2002. No relation to the Sealine Senator! There were only three made before the yard went bust and one of them is believed to be on the Thames.

The search continues . . .

Looks to me in that photo that she is being towed. Correct me if I am wrong.

sadmemories20

Visit site
I've uploaded a photo. She was build in Derby around 2002. No relation to the Sealine Senator! There were only three made before the yard went bust and one of them is believed to be on the Thames.

oldgit

Visit site
Unless you have a fortune to spend,steel boats conform to a known formula which does make them a bit "boxy".However you get a very inexpensive boat with a strong hull,loads of space and most "lock rash" damage can be disguised with a lick of paint as you continue on your way.
Probably more vital to keep inside clean and dry and painted to stop internal corrosion.My dads boat is being inspected at the moment,depending on the verdict its a complete new bottom or the the engine is out and the rest is off to the great scrapyard in the sky.
Basically its had a hard life and its all getting a bit thin.
Helping the The Waverley turn round
freeboy.jpg

Last edited: