Selling boats in France

Star-Lord

Visit site
The TL2 was never worth the paper it was written on re vat on boat , it was Croatia who kicked up a stink although we did two years during that time in Croaita and was never asked about VAT.

Any country custom could reject anY letter , contract of a notaries stamp from another country if they really wanted to be a pain which is why I know of four boats at the moment looking into removing the red ensign as their flag ,
I'm also thinking of changing to Dutch as my partner is Dutch just waiting to hear if pants will except it.
Once I know and see how British boat are going to be seen as a third country boat ,
we made the decision then.
If you spend 90 days in EU and 90 days out then VAT and flags are not a problem surely?

sailaboutvic

Visit site
If you spend 90 days in EU and 90 days out then VAT and flags are not a problem surely?
Your right , for most british cruisers vat paided or not isn't really going to be a problem .
As you say they still have to leave the EU at some point .
I guess the ones it will effect are the once that want to keep their boat full time in the EU while them self depart leaving the boat behind

Other threads that may be of interest