Seaward 25 or similar

cliffdale

Visit site
I'm looking for a good pottering around boat to leave on a swinging mooring.

The type and style is the seaward 25 like this...

http://seawardboat.com/brokerage-2/seaward-25-nau-ii/

Unfortunately its in Finland! ( There is another one in Ireland but its too old for what i'm looking for).

I'm thinking that may be there is a similar alternative you can suggest I could look at.

Got to be a sturdy sea boat, twin diesels and within a budget of £60k.

Any suggestions anyone?
Thanks
Cliff

cliffdale

Visit site
Yes, I think the engines are too small. Something like 100hp each would be ideal

I'm looking for cruise speed around 15k. But that is a good find as it does not come up on the yacht market site.

31' is to big for my pottering around boat.

Thanks

longjohnsilver

Visit site
A nice Channel Islands 22?

There’s a current thread, well worth consideration. But I’m biased, I had one for almost 10 years, and loved it. Even better for you, you’d be hard pressed to spend much more than £10K, but you might want to spend a little on upgrades.

ari

Visit site
I wouldn't discount the Seaward 23. Virtually the same boat, slightly shorter, but has an open backed wheelhouse which links the helm/navigator with the cockpit much better. Always think the 25 isolates the helm from everyone else on board (there's not room for more than one other person in the wheelhouse). I think I'm right in saying that the cockpit floor is lower on the 23 too, so you're more in it than on it (but it doesn't self drain).

Obviously if the enclosed helm is the draw (the 25 does mean you can shut the door and crank up the heating if fitted) then the 23 isn't going to work for you.