Sealine SC42

Moody

Visit site
I'm surprised that there haven't been any comments on here yet, maybe it's because not enough people have been to the show yet.

I saw it on Friday and thought it was fantastic (sorry no pics). The usual innovative Sealine stuff, and the use of space both up top and down below is great. I particularly liked the side deck access, which is from inside the cockpit and like nothing else from a mainstream builder. SWMBO loved the helm seats to port, and could just see herself there on an extended cruise.

What I didn't like was the price. The show boat was over £400k (ok so it was well loaded) but I was quoted around £370k for a decent spec on the water. And guess what - I was offered my money back on my year old SC35 (too generous me thinks), but that would still leave me £170k to find.

Neil

lisilou

Visit site
Neil we popped on it on saturday and yes she is absolutely stunning! The layout, the finish, the space, the everything just superb. Didn't stay on her long tho...you understand why ;).

DAKA

Visit site
I didnt go on the 42sc but I went on the sc35 and revisited the sealine F42 , strangely I have to admit the F42 is growing on me having hated it last year.
BUT
The fittings were terrible , looking very tired and in need of a refit.

now I realize these boats at the show by Sunday had had the equivalent of 5 years use with hoards of punters opening every cupboard , but other marques didnt look as tatty with cupboard doors hanging off hinges, loose screws etc

Even Bayliner looked a better built/more durable.

No wonder there is zealous discounting at the show on some marques , its a bit like buying a 5 year old tatty charter boat :eek:

AllanJ

Visit site
I have to admit that, even though I own a Sealine, I am not taken with the new designs. OK, I think they look a bit slab sided and ugly. Maybe it will take time as it often does to get used to it. (Who liked the Ford Sierra 'jelly mould' when it came out and yet every car seems to be from the same kit now.)
There, said it.