Sealine Flybridges

G

Does anybody have any opinions on Sealine Flybridges. I'm looking at buying one of their F33's for use on the East coast of Ireland. Are they well built, reliable etc.

All replies greatly appreciated.

David H.

G

Boats themselves are generally OK and quite well screwed together although the F33 interior somehow seems a bit more cramped than comparably sized other makes. However, they are outdrive powered and reliability and outdrives are not words which sit well together.
I would personally look for a shaft drive boat which apart from being more likely to be reliable will also handle better in a sea and in close maneuvering situations.

Nick

david_steward

Visit site
I owned a Sealine 305 Statesman, the forerunner of the F33 and it was a bloody awful seaboat.

As a general rule , flybridge boats with outdrives are not good news when it starts to get rough. I understand that the F36 (on shafts) is a much better boat.

Sorry to be a downer.

Dave S

stuartw

Visit site
I agree with all that's been said and additionally they are a very light boat. I have one next to me in the marina, and even in a small swell that comes through from passing traffic , sends it into dramatic gyrations. I would hate to be on board in those conditions.
No, I would go for something a little heavier and shaft drive, even if it means getting something a little older.
Good luck
rgds
Stuart

D

Deleted User YDKXO

Agree with David. I had a 305 many moons ago, which is a forerunner of the F33 and it was a dog. Outdrives and flybridges do not go together. It was a pig to handle in any sort of wind in a marina and too light to make a good seaboat plus the quality was poor. Although Sealine's quality has improved over the years, the other two points remain.
If your budget stretches, look at the F36/37 which is shaftdrive and a different kettle of fish (dogs, pigs, fish - it must be dinner time!). MBM took one around Britain and reported well of the seakeeping