Sealine F33 V F34

ST840

Visit site
Apart from age and price what is the main differences between these two models?
What are the best engines to look out for?
Any down sides to them?

Thanks

DavidJ

home in Brum. S37 sold, was in Med Spain.
Visit site
Can’t comment on the difference but the S version ie S34 is an excellent boat with no inherent problems that I’ve heard of in my 30 plus years of owning Sealine boats.
Sealine had a marketing habit of playing with the model numbers without changing very much except for the decals.

Momac

Visit site
The F34 ad F33 are different hulls - not badge engineering.

The F34 is slightly longer so the front cabin bed is straight on rather than offset .
I believe the flybridge on the F34 is also a bit more spacious .

Having said that I have the F33 since 2014 and have added almost 700 hours with no immediate plans to change .

I have kad32's which are just adequate but would be happy with ad41's.

Ian h

Visit site
I take it these numbers refer to HP? 32=320 etc etc??

Also as a side note, is there a boat on the market that is very much like the F33/34 but runs shafts instead?
not quite Technical Specification: KAD32, KAD32P, KAD32P-A, Four-cylinder diesel, rated at 175 hp.
KAD 44's are 260HP
In 1997 the KAD concept is extended to a full series of high performance marine diesels rated from 170 hp (125 kW) to 260 hp (191 kW): the KAD32, KAD43 and the top-of-the-line KAD44 EDC. Combined with the unique Duoprop, the KAD series delivers performance that in many ways excels beyond gasoline engines while representing a brand-new alternative for performance boating

ST840

Visit site
not quite Technical Specification: KAD32, KAD32P, KAD32P-A, Four-cylinder diesel, rated at 175 hp.
KAD 44's are 260HP
In 1997 the KAD concept is extended to a full series of high performance marine diesels rated from 170 hp (125 kW) to 260 hp (191 kW): the KAD32, KAD43 and the top-of-the-line KAD44 EDC. Combined with the unique Duoprop, the KAD series delivers performance that in many ways excels beyond gasoline engines while representing a brand-new alternative for performance boating
Ok so I couldn't be further off then ?

Flynnbarr

Visit site
Apart from age and price what is the main differences between these two models?
What are the best engines to look out for?
Any down sides to them?

Thanks

Not very good at sea by all accounts.
Forum member Ellasar? wasn’t very complimentary about them and he’s had Sealines so it’s not badge snobbery from him……
Certainly wouldn’t be my choice as a platform to fish off.
Have you seen the Roman 1250 for sale in Spain for 75k ?

SC35

Visit site
F33/F34 are both on outdrives.
This is both a benefit and a hazard.
It's a benefit for shallow water running, being able to free off a fouled prop, and fuel efficiency.
Hazard is the same for all outdrive powered boats ... they require regular maintenance, plus the boat will heel over more in turns, but no more so than any other boat on outdrives with similar dimensions.

F37 is a heavier boat on shafts, but in a different price bracket.

Momac

Visit site
I favour of the F33 over the Jeanneau the engine bay access is very good - similarly good on the F34
1634069417938.png

Momac

Visit site
Is the kad32 an easy engine for diy maintenance?
I do routine maintenance myself . Engine oil changes very easy . Very good access to the oil filters , fuel filters , air filter and impellers. Coolant change also very easy.
Oil filters and air filters are as per a Volvo 240 car so relatively inexpensive . I do an oil change annually.

Work in progress...............

Greasing the steering is a bit of a pain .
Sterndrive anode change and oil change is quite easy too .

Elessar

Visit site
Not very good at sea by all accounts.
Forum member Ellasar? wasn’t very complimentary about them and he’s had Sealines so it’s not badge snobbery from him……
Certainly wouldn’t be my choice as a platform to fish off.
Have you seen the Roman 1250 for sale in Spain for 75k ?
That’s me!
I’m on my third Sealine.
I’ve never been on an F34.
The F33 has loads of space for a 33 ft boat but it’s not good at sea and is terrible in a quartering sea of any size. You get your elbows wet on the flybridge.
If you want the space and are a fair weather only boater then why not? But don’t get caught out if it’s bumpy.
Oh and I had a 27ft bay liner fly that I took to France and the Channel Islands and it was great. It isn’t that I don’t like small flybridges.
Ps I’ve not owned an f33 but have done about 150 miles in one.