Sealift this morning in a force 9

henryf

www.911virgin.com
If I had ten quid for every time I heard the word "wind" on Southampton VTS CH12 and QHM CH11 this morning !

The mind focussed a little more than usual when we slipped the lines and waved good bye to the security of our berth. In the end it wasn't actually that bad, just had to make sure the wind didn't get hold, stop any nonsense before it began.

Safely back tied up now enjoying beans on toast. Oh yes, living the dream..... :)

See whoever is going on Saturday.

image_zpslybqmesu.jpg

Henry :)

z1ppy

Visit site
good work Henry, sure was windy this morning!!

Have you booked a berth at OV? If not, give the beautiful and wonderfully helpful lady in the office a call and she will try and accommodate your every need.

oGaryo

Visit site
Howard, Henry's already doing this through me mate. I am going to send an email tonight to Gwen and Debbie to back up a holding email already sent to Debbie.

Fox Morgan

Visit site
If I had ten quid for every time I heard the word "wind" on Southampton VTS CH12 and QHM CH11 this morning !

The mind focussed a little more than usual when we slipped the lines and waved good bye to the security of our berth. In the end it wasn't actually that bad, just had to make sure the wind didn't get hold, stop any nonsense before it began.

Safely back tied up now enjoying beans on toast. Oh yes, living the dream..... :)

See whoever is going on Saturday.

image_zpslybqmesu.jpg

I was in there on Sunday, I asked them how many days they lose to weather, not many, was the answer.
I don't think I'd have been in there on sunday if it was as windy as it has been today.
Proper hard working lads on that lift. Totally chuffed to bits with the job they did for me. :encouragement:

Fox Morgan

Visit site
out of interest, as I need my bum cleaned, what do they charge, looked on there web site and no price list,

it depends on boat length, whether its just a scrub or antifoul as well. they had a 63' MOBO in there the day before me (I've got one of those yacht things) and he was charged 900 ish for scrub and antifoul. the boat owner supplied the antifoul.
Mines 36' and was charged approx £530, which includes the lads doing the scrub and antifoul for me and a Haslar marina discount as I keep my boat berthed there at the moment.
if it was just a lift and scrub, it would be much less.

they have a table of fees, they're working every day at the moment. very popular. Im sure you could get a quote if you call them up.

by comparison, next door in endeavour for a crane lift, hold, scrub, Id have to do the antifoul myself, and relaunch same day, would cost me around 650.

henryf

www.911virgin.com
Very handy for a quick clean as today or to get a small job done. We had a trim tab actuator fault sorted on the last boat as an example. Very handy if you're having a survey done as well.