Seago 230sl slatted floor inflatable

Visit site
Does anyone have experience of this tender. Since we are now in a marina and are getting 'advanced' in years, we now longer require the big tender for loading and unloading as was the case on a swinging mooring. We would still want to have a 2 person tender for going on and off the boat on occasion. Can anyone offer advice as to this model.

Thanks for any help offered.

Dougie

doug748

Visit site
Does anyone have experience of this tender. Since we are now in a marina and are getting 'advanced' in years, we now longer require the big tender for loading and unloading as was the case on a swinging mooring. We would still want to have a 2 person tender for going on and off the boat on occasion. Can anyone offer advice as to this model.

Dougie

On a lot of old Seago's you will notice that the lifting straps have disintegrated along with any other fabric items exposed to the sun. Along with other PVC tenders they also tend to go hard and eventually fail due to sun damage but you no doubt know this
If you are buying new your 230 will have no fabric on deck, I assume they have given up on it.
The standard inflation fittings are nice and positive. They are great value.

I used to like the rubber rowlocks which allowed the use of proper oars which could be tailored to your requirements - but I see these have been discontinued in the new boats, a shame.

Inflatable floors always feel vulnerable to me as I give tenders a rough time, carrying outboards etc, plus I am not interested in planing performance. Slatted floor suits me.

A smaller, lighter dinghy will feel skittish so take care when getting in or out.
FWIW, I have come full circle and now have two Avons, one Redcrest and one transom model of similar length.

Graham376

Boat on Mooring off Faro, Home near Abergele
Visit site
Get one with an inflatable floor, they're worth the extra dosh.

I know two guys with these tenders in regular use (not just flat calm occasional anchoring) and neither are happy. Described as small for 2 people with luggage, slow, wet ride and puncture easily. As said above, ones with airdeck floor and inflatable keel tube are far better.

Plum

Visit site

Dougie

I too needed a tender just for occasional use and looked at that one but bought a WavEco230RS. There did not appear to be much between the two makes but one of my wants was light weight for lifting on board so I went for the round tail as mostly I use oars and only use the outboard and bracket if going exploring up a creek. For the weight and price, the size is good for two and I have had no problem with the slatted floor. So far 4 years old. I reduced the weight by 2 kg by removing the forward most floor slat and making a hollow thwart. I also have a second pair of oars, wooden ones, that are longer which improves the rowing. With aging I need all the excercise I can get!

Www.solocoastalsailing.co.uk