sea toilet (seacock)

mayfox

Visit site
I too have the same problem with my Matilda 20. The loo is a Lavac which has been there since new (30 years) but I need to replace it. Only trouble is that I cannot get the boat out of the water yet. Someone has suggested connecting the Inlet Pipe and Outlet Pipe together, which I will be doing. I will then get rid of the Old Smelly Toilet and replace it with a Potty type.

GOOD LUCK

<hr width=100% size=1>

HeadMistress

Visit site
I wouldn't connect the flush water inlet and waste discharge hoses, Mayfox... waste can be recirculated through the bowl. I know the Lavac shoots it out after pulling in flush water, but the inside of the discharge hose isn't clean....flush water will be dirty.

<hr width=100% size=1>Peggie Hall
Specializing in marine sanitation since 1987

ianwright

Home: Peterborough, Mooring, Heybridge Basin
Visit site
Ballhead!So that's what it was called!
A pal of mine had a little Vivacity with one of those. On a cross chanel trip someone fell against it and broke it away from the hull, the glass fibre was all that secured it. He reported that the amount of water that flows through a four inch hole just under the waterline was "quite a lot".
He got back, a plastic bag full of laundry braced in the hole kept out most and a bilge pump dealt with the rest.
It was that incident that persuaded me that a well bolted Baby Blake, bronze Blake seacocks and double hose clips would be required on my next boat.
....... and so it came to pass. :)

IanW

<hr width=100% size=1>Vertue 203, Patience

mayfox

Visit site
Many thanks for the reply,... however the inlet pipe comes direct through the hull and the out let goes directly through the hull. the toilet bowl is io be completly removed, so all I would have is two pipes connected to each other. As nothing else will be inline.

Thanks again

Paul

<hr width=100% size=1>

HeadMistress

Visit site
But you'd still have two below-waterline hose or pipe connections that could fail, with no way to close the holes in the boat. Ideas like this make me very nervous 'cuz Ive learned over the years that Murphy was actually an optimist.

<hr width=100% size=1>Peggie Hall
Specializing in marine sanitation since 1987

Flipper760 owner

Visit site
Hi all
I have a flipper760 for about 8 years now. I would not part with it. Very capable boat. I have rebuilt the engine and outdrive and it still cruises at 19 knots all day. It has a penta ad31b 130 hp. And a dpa outdrive penta 290 duo prop. I have serviced every system so if I can advise ask away. The seacock for the toilet is behind the toilet. Lay down the seat and there is a slide up panel. Lift it and look in you will see a lever valve.

Flipper760 owner

Visit site
Has it got a dome, which you push down and pull handle up and pressure forces it directly out!
The flipper 760 has a holding tank which for inland waterways you can pump out with the valve closed. All the waste passes through the tank. It is above water level so at sea you can discharge through the tank with the valve open.