scrubbing piles itchenor

G

Has anyone ever used these. If so could you tell us what you do. I know this is pathetic but thats me. I wanted to take te boat out for a day or so to change a seacock and scrub the bottom and clean my badly fouled prop. Apparently Peters boatyard are too busy so I was thinking of drying out between tides.

G

The piles are easy to use at Itchenor, they cost me £12 for my 29 footer for a tide. See the conservency office at Itchenor to book them. The set nearest the public jetty are the best as the bottom is more level.

Have fun.

G

The HC office number was 01243 512301 last time I used them.
Agree about using the inside piles. Try and arrive so that you are on the shoreside.
A dinghy is useful. Take a screwdriver and adjustable spanner - I needed them for the water line.
Big fenders are useful. I hang mine so that they are horizontal where my bow and stern are in contact with the piles. It isn't a difficult job to pick up the piles- I am invariably single-handed. Try and choose a quiet day as otherwise you will spend a busy hour adjusting fenders and lines as the boat takes the ground.
A cheap (£5 from a builders merchant) set of plastic oilskins are a useful thing to have as I inevitably get dirty or splattered with anti.fouling.

G

thanks rogerw i;ll try and get the job done early september.

Other threads that may be of interest