Scary how much can go wrong with a new boat

Cheery

Visit site
Out of memory, a Pearl 72 is £2.5M for the 'basic' and a Sunseeker 76 is around £3.5M. Both similar size (for the sake of argument) but one is built in the Far East and one in Poole. The reviews mention ad nauseum the interior is Kelly Hoppen so I assume her fee is considerable, being a 'name'. This leaves me wondering if the engineering is second to the carpets and cushions not to mention the ability of Chinese tradesmen.

Of course I could be well wide of the mark.

jakew009

Visit site
Out of memory, a Pearl 72 is £2.5M for the 'basic' and a Sunseeker 76 is around £3.5M. Both similar size (for the sake of argument) but one is built in the Far East and one in Poole. The reviews mention ad nauseum the interior is Kelly Hoppen so I assume her fee is considerable, being a 'name'. This leaves me wondering if the engineering is second to the carpets and cushions not to mention the ability of Chinese tradesmen.

Of course I could be well wide of the mark.

I’m not sure it’s necessarily fault to blame the Chinese tradesman. They are very capable.

The difference is that in the west if you ask a company to make something at a price that is below what they can make it for, they will generally tell you it’s impossible.

In China, they will just say “fine” and then build you a shittier version of whatever you ordered.